6600k simple overclock

Straight to the point, i want to slightly overclock my 6600k to avoid bottlenecks in BF1 (I know it won't completely solve the bottleneck, but it's something). I am a complete noob when it comes to overclocking and i have no interest in learning more than what i need to get this over with. Once i'm inside my BIOS, what are some safe voltages/multipliers i can go with that will give a nice boost in performance without risking my CPU and avoiding screwing system stability. I have some benchmarks i can use to make sure, but i don't want to spend an hour troubleshooting my system. 

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

1.3v is what you want to use. Now depending on the GPU you have, this might not help your bottleneck at all.

Thank you, at least now i have a number. I have a 1080 and i play at 1440p, it probably won't solve anything but at least i'll get a couple of extra FPS in other games. 

What about the multiplier? do i go for 4.2 or higher?

Just now, MrAlbertrocks said:

Thank you, at least now i have a number. I have a 1080 and i play at 1440p, it probably won't solve anything but at least i'll get a couple of extra FPS in other games. 

What about the multiplier? do i go for 4.2 or higher?

Start at 4.2 and if it doesn't crash move up, if it does, move down.

48 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Start at 4.2 and if it doesn't crash move up, if it does, move down.

Just to make sure i didn't screw anything up, i set Core ratio/cache to 42, so it went from 3.5 to 4.2, and voltage to 1.300. 

How do i check if it's actually working? CPU-Z just shows me the core speed and core voltage at the time, not the max. I opened Heaven benchmark on windowed and saw that the max core speed was 4200 mhz, but the voltage didn't move from 0. something. 

15 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Just to make sure i didn't screw anything up, i set Core ratio/cache to 42, so it went from 3.5 to 4.2, and voltage to 1.300. 

How do i check if it's actually working? CPU-Z just shows me the core speed and core voltage at the time, not the max. I opened Heaven benchmark on windowed and saw that the max core speed was 4200 mhz, but the voltage didn't move from 0. something. 

Heaven doesn’t use CPU at all. Run cinebench, and you did that correctly.

18 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Heaven doesn’t use CPU at all. Run cinebench, and you did that correctly.

How does voltage work? I ran cinebench 3 times, default 3.5, overclocked to 4.2 and finally to 4.4. The voltage as you said i set it at 1.3v. However, while cinebench was running, i noticed in CPU-Z that voltage was sitting around 0.5-0.6 in all 3 tests. 

12 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

How does voltage work? I ran cinebench 3 times, default 3.5, overclocked to 4.2 and finally to 4.4. The voltage as you said i set it at 1.3v. However, while cinebench was running, i noticed in CPU-Z that voltage was sitting around 0.5-0.6 in all 3 tests. 

I'm just worried that CPU-Z is not showing me the actual voltage. Anyway, if i set the voltage manually to 1.3 in the BIOS it shouldn't go past that, right?