Chrome folding ppd

Go to solution Solved by TheGlenlivet,

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=28800

Have a look here.  Looks like it is a Python thing.  The solution is in the forum posts.  I did this when I first set up my 16.04.  Sorry, forgot.

Hello! I have been folding for a few days now and have completed 35 WUs. I am using chrome because I can't get the desktop version to run on Ubuntu 16.04. Do you think that ~17,000 PPD on a Xeon E3 1240 v5 is good or should I be hitting higher?

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

For Chrome, yeah that's good.  I use my work computer to do Chrome folding and it does about 12500 PPD with a 6700hq (Slow).  If you want to earn serious points then figure out the install on Ubuntu.  I have 16.04 at home and run FAHclient through the Terminal.  Leveraging your GPU and CPU through FAHclient and getting the bonus for folding with a passkey make a huge difference in PPD.

Give this a try maybe.  If you don't want to earn Folding coins you can still use this guide to install FAHClient on Ubuntu.

8 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

For Chrome, yeah that's good.  I use my work computer to do Chrome folding and it does about 12500 PPD with a 6700hq (Slow).  If you want to earn serious points then figure out the install on Ubuntu.  I have 16.04 at home and run FAHclient through the Terminal.  Leveraging your GPU and CPU through FAHclient and getting the bonus for folding with a passkey make a huge difference in PPD.

Give this a try maybe.  If you don't want to earn Folding coins you can still use this guide to install FAHClient on Ubuntu.

Thanks for the reply. I tried following the video and the client install worked and ran in the terminal. I did, however, run into a problem. fahcontrol "installs" and when I click to run it the icon shows up for a minute then disappears and a "waiting for install" icon comes up but does not do anything.

I start the terminal first (FAHClient) then run Fahcontrol through the icon.  Is that what you are trying too?

4 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I start the terminal first (FAHClient) then run Fahcontrol through the icon.  Is that what you are trying too?

That is exactly what I did, except Fahcontrol never started, the icon closed and another one came up saying it was waiting to install. It never finishes.

23 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I just remembered, when I installed FAH I had to use a different installer.

Have a look at this.

https://www.howtogeek.com/252981/how-to-install-deb-packages-without-ubuntu-software-in-ubuntu-16.04/

I downloaded the FAHclient then installed it with GDEBI.

Good luck!

The client install goes fine. In GDEBI I get:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: python-support (>=0.90.0).

I suppose I have to go looking for an old version of python.

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=28800

Have a look here.  Looks like it is a Python thing.  The solution is in the forum posts.  I did this when I first set up my 16.04.  Sorry, forgot.

It worked! Thanks, I now am getting 29642pps

On 7/28/2017 at 3:49 PM, purple_rider said:

It worked! Thanks, I now am getting 29642pps

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I set up a dedicated rig over the weekend and followed the steps with no issues.  I was going to follow up and make sure you got it working.  Glad to hear it!