CORSAIR 350D rad placements

Billy_Mays

Later next year I'm thinking of doing my first custom loop for just my CPU at first but where on Corsair, Neweggs website they state that it can have 2 240mm rads but on EKWBs website it doesn't fit. So can I fit two 240mm rads for my potential loop in a 350D?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

45 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Later next year I'm thinking of doing my first custom loop for just my CPU at first but where on Corsair, Neweggs website they state that it can have 2 240mm rads but on EKWBs website it doesn't fit. So can I fit two 240mm rads for my potential loop in a 350D?

If you wanted enough room, you might have to either remove both the SSD cages and the Hard drive cages, or you just remove the hard drive cage and get a dual bay reservoir

13 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

If you wanted enough room, you might have to either remove both the SSD cages and the Hard drive cages, or you just remove the hard drive cage and get a dual bay reservoir

Those look ugly and how I have my desktop rn I won't be able to see if the level has gone down

23 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Those look ugly and how I have my desktop rn I won't be able to see if the level has gone down

Ok then, remove all the cages and get 5.25 to 2.5 or 3.5 adapters for your drives, depending on how many you have.

7 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Ok then, remove all the cages and get 5.25 to 2.5 or 3.5 adapters for your drives, depending on how many you have.

I'll probably have massive storage (my first HDD that I bought 3tb) and I really don't need that much storage for a ssd) and I know I will be happy I go with a custom loop and get a graphics card with a preinatalled water block

10 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I'll probably have massive storage (my first HDD that I bought 3tb) and I really don't need that much storage for a ssd) and I know I will be happy I go with a custom loop and get a graphics card with a preinatalled water block

Make some sort of cover or buy one that will work for your case that can cover the 5.25 inch bays with wires coming out of them with your drives just stacked in there with like double sided tape.

5 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Make some sort of cover or buy one that will work for your case that can cover the 5.25 inch bays with wires coming out of them with your drives just stacked in there with like double sided tape.

I'm probably going to have a 3D printer before I get the parts for my next build so then I print a mount for my pump

problem with the 350d (owning three of them) is the roof rad has to be the thinnest possible (no rad shrouds) to clear the modest of VRM heatsinks.

once that is addressed, the air intake flow is gimped by the solid front panel (ally). using the MNPCTech panel on or no-panel will reduce coolant temps as well as device temps.

if using a single GPU, the 280x45mm can be absolutely fine. need for dual rads with limited space is a blessing. just that front panel could be a deal breaker if you are a temp deva.

15 minutes ago, airdeano said:

problem with the 350d (owning three of them) is the roof rad has to be the thinnest possible (no rad shrouds) to clear the modest of VRM heatsinks.

once that is addressed, the air intake flow is gimped by the solid front panel (ally). using the MNPCTech panel on or no-panel will reduce coolant temps as well as device temps.

if using a single GPU, the 280x45mm can be absolutely fine. need for dual rads with limited space is a blessing. just that front panel could be a deal breaker if you are a temp deva.

I don't care about temps unless they are near thermal shutdown *ahem* my 770 before fresh TIM *ahem* and I probably won't go dual GPU unless I get a insane deal on a 8k monitor