Tried installing win 10, now in win 7 nothing works

silraks
Go to solution Solved by silraks,

That is true, but didn't think that it would be to that degree.

My win10 install was broken, thankfully used another pc and installed win 10. So solved...

I upgraded a system and it does post (am4 cpu, new mobo (asrock ab350m) and ram), after that I tried changing boot priority to a usb win 10 install, it didn't work as it showed only one flashing line. Later I tried continuing with the old win 7 on the hdd, but the keyboard and mouse don't work, but do in bios. I also used usb 2.0 ports as win 7 doesn't have the correct drivers.

Also safe boot doesn't help with the mouse and keyboard problem.

And also, does the usb drive have to have an iso file or multiple other files?

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

13 minutes ago, silraks said:

I upgraded a system and it does post (am4 cpu, new mobo (asrock ab350m) and ram), after that I tried changing boot priority to a usb win 10 install, it didn't work as it showed only one flashing line. Later I tried continuing with the old win 7 on the hdd, but the keyboard and mouse don't work, but do in bios. I also used usb 2.0 ports as win 7 doesn't have the correct drivers.

Also safe boot doesn't help with the mouse and keyboard problem.

And also, does the usb drive have to have an iso file or multiple other files?

I believe AM4 (Ryzen) doesn't support windows 7

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

That is true, but didn't think that it would be to that degree.

My win10 install was broken, thankfully used another pc and installed win 10. So solved...

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF |