Dell Inspiron 7000 15.6" Gaming Laptop

TheUncannyScrub

During the Amazon Prime day I picked up the Dell Inspiron 7000 15.6" Gaming Laptop with an Intel Core i5-7300HQ, 8gb DDR4 ram, 256gb M.2 SSD and a desktop GTX 1050.

General :

I got this on Prime day with a modest 20% Saving, that allowed me to get a ram upgrade and a 2tb 2.5" Drive and still be in my budget, the laptop currently costs around £850 /  $1100 and £1000 / $1300 for the I7 / 1050TI Version

The battery states at full charge under minimal load at around 7 hours usage but under tests it lasted around 5 1/2

The I/O is pretty standard with 3 USB3 ports, SD card Reader and Headphone out / Mic in 2.5mm port with the charging socket on the rear left of the laptop, the power brick is rather flat but still quite large for a laptop but has adequate cable length to be plugged in.

Upgradeability:

The Laptop has 2 DDR4 DIMM Slots and support up to  16gb's of ram with an 8gb Stick in both Slots.

Upgrading the ram is as simple as undoing the screw and popping open the cover then sliding the new ram into slots, Starting up the laptop and clicking OK because the bios detects a memory change.

Please note that the laptop only supports up to 16gb's of ram with only allowing 8gb's in each slot.

One thing to note is that the 2.5 inch Drive bay does not include Drive screws so you will need to buy them from somewhere or scavenge them from some Case accessory box you may have lying around.

Once you have plugged in the HDD or SSD screw it in and place the cover back on, initialize and then format it like you would with any other drive.

Aesthetics :

The case does have that gamer look to it but not going to the extreme by having odd angled edges

The Keyboard is a simple membrane keyboard with white light back-lighting that dims after a number of seconds if your watching a video or something like that.

The Finish of the case/Laptop is a haven for messy or sticky hands, fingerprints are basically never coming off this thing although its no big deal!

The Screen :

The screen is nothing to write home about, it has a low viewing angle and poor and washed out colors.

The Screens hinge is one of the best iv'e seen instead of having 2 separate hinges at the edge it one long one at the middle dictating the stress of opening and closing the screen 

Overall :

The Looks are great, not bland but not super super "gamer" style, just plain simple black with red and sliver accents.

Its not too thick or heavy but not small enough that it will blow away in the wind, thermals seem ok but I've never tested it under stress as well as acoustics, a slight humm in a quiet room at load up is all you can hear!

I got it for a great price but still think that the laptop at full price is still ok value and even for the upgraded version value is still there.

8/10 and only let down by the screen.

LTX UK? even just a meet and greet... preferably in the north of England :)

This is my first review, if you need any more information please feel free to ask!

Great laptop if you get in the USA with IPS or get it the poor TN panel and DIY-replace it. Battery life and construction quality are both particularly good. I generally don't recommend it otherwise though.