Just a thank you to everyone here

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who helped me figure out my build, I started with the i7 7700k and my GTX 1070 and I ended on a R5 1600 with the 1070 and I could not be happier ( it's all about the 1 percent frames for me). I play mostly MMOs and ARPGs and switching not only improved fps in clustered player areas but my thermals are also well under control (3.95ghz @ 1.35v. 58c max under prime 95 small ffts vs 94c on the i7) I know the i7 gives better overall fps but in my situation even at 5.0ghz it choked in some games. Strangely I went to a higher end b350 board vs x370 due to availability and price and I gotta say the MSI b350 gaming pro carbon was solid out of the box and even better after bios update. Long story short, don't be afraid of ryzen it really is solid stuff if combined correctly.

Didn't help but, glad you're happy! Ryzen really is great, running a 1700 here

14 minutes ago, rijzen said:

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who helped me figure out my build, I started with the i7 7700k and my GTX 1070 and I ended on a R5 1600 with the 1070 and I could not be happier ( it's all about the 1 percent frames for me). I play mostly MMOs and ARPGs and switching not only improved fps in clustered player areas but my thermals are also well under control (3.95ghz @ 1.35v. 58c max under prime 95 small ffts vs 94c on the i7) I know the i7 gives better overall fps but in my situation even at 5.0ghz it choked in some games. Strangely I went to a higher end b350 board vs x370 due to availability and price and I gotta say the MSI b350 gaming pro carbon was solid out of the box and even better after bios update. Long story short, don't be afraid of ryzen it really is solid stuff if combined correctly.

Do you have it on stock cooler of aftermarket one ? Cause with stock cooler @3.7 gHz , 1.3v. (I know i could go lower i guess) i get 68C max on aida64 ... Take in mind that i'm using "generic" thermal paste cause i messed up the stock one. And i dont know if its because of that and i didn't bother to buy a good one yet.

congrats on the build and i share your oppinion ! Don t be affraid of ryzen! It's perfect

I'm using the Corsair h100i v2 aio with noctua fans in place of the stock ones. I just set it to quiet mode and they never go over 900 RPM but it stays frosty.

Just now, rijzen said:

I'm using the Corsair h100i v2 aio with noctua fans in place of the stock ones. I just set it to quiet mode and they never go over 900 RPM but it stays frosty.

4 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Do you have it on stock cooler of aftermarket one ? Cause with stock cooler @3.7 gHz , 1.3v. (I know i could go lower i guess) i get 68C max on aida64 ... Take in mind that i'm using "generic" thermal paste cause i messed up the stock one. And i dont know if its because of that and i didn't bother to buy a good one yet.

congrats on the build and i share your oppinion ! Don t be affraid of ryzen! It's perfect

Remember to quote people when replying by using the arrow below their comment

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Remember to quote people when replying by using the arrow below their comment

I'm on my cell phone, I always forget that lol

1 minute ago, rijzen said:

Oh ok ! Thanks and congrats again ! I was really impressed with that max 58C and tought for a minute my cpu was not normal ahah for reaching 68C on stock cooler 

3 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Oh ok ! Thanks and congrats again ! I was really impressed with that max 58C and tought for a minute my cpu was not normal ahah for reaching 68C on stock cooler 

Yeah I got lucky even though I had to use the stock cooler for a couple days (am4 brackets constantly out of stock from Corsair) this motherboards vrms seem to be robust enough that I was getting clean runs through prime 95 at 4.05ghz but without using LLC at all, just was feeding it 1.425v and didn't feel comfortable when it would hit 78c

you're welcome mr clarkson

20 hours ago, rijzen said:

Yeah I got lucky even though I had to use the stock cooler for a couple days (am4 brackets constantly out of stock from Corsair) this motherboards vrms seem to be robust enough that I was getting clean runs through prime 95 at 4.05ghz but without using LLC at all, just was feeding it 1.425v and didn't feel comfortable when it would hit 78c

Yh i removed my 3.7 ghz cause of the max temp during aida64 ... But on stock it reaches the same max temp .... Should i keep the oc and is it safe 68C on stock cooler 

21 hours ago, Cazan said:

Yh i removed my 3.7 ghz cause of the max temp during aida64 ... But on stock it reaches the same max temp .... Should i keep the oc and is it safe 68C on stock cooler 

68c is very much okay on the stock cooler overclocked. as long as you arent staying over 80c you should be fine

20 hours ago, rijzen said:

68c is very much okay on the stock cooler overclocked. as long as you arent staying over 80c you should be fine

Thank you very much !

I guess that overclocking on a stock heatsink from AMD is ok, as long as the temperatures stay cool enough that your cpu wont thermal throttle. For a decent cooling solution, I would recommend the cooler master hyper two 12 evo as it only cost $30.