Info

Cwilliams

I need to build a pc for my auto shop it will in a lot of heat  any suggestions on hardware thanks

3 minutes ago, Cwilliams said:

I need to build a pc for my auto shop it will in a lot of heat  any suggestions on hardware thanks

what is your budget and what do you need it to do

Need more information than that. What is the system is going to be used for? What sort of work is the system going to be doing? If it's just basic office work or for the dyno, a cheap laptop would work fine. I've seen the guys at Haltech do that.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Need more information than that. What is the system is going to be used for? What sort of work is the system going to be doing? If it's just basic office work or for the dyno, a cheap laptop would work fine. I've seen the guys at Haltech do that.

Out in the heat? Will degrade fast.

I would go with a refurb i5 from dell/hp from newegg. Theyre cheap and good for basic office tasks.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Go with Intel X series cpu

1000W PSU tier 1

E-ATX

2TB HDD

1TB SSD

Lots of fans for the heat.

what do you need it to do and whats your budget?

honestly if its just a work computer for little stuff, just get a cheap ass dell optiplex and you'll be fine.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

There are very old 25 year old apple pc's in garage shops.

22 hours ago, yathis said:

Go with Intel X series cpu

1000W PSU tier 1

E-ATX

2TB HDD

1TB SSD

Lots of fans for the heat.

in case it is not obvious to the OP since he is new to the fourm this is a troll post

Just now, TheComputerdude said:

in case it is not obvious to the OP since he is new to the fourm this is a troll post

No its not because the OP did not specify fucking anything. So it was sarcastic if anything.

Your post is 'post padding' and a troll post.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

No its not because the OP did not specify fucking anything.

he also just straight up disappeared after posting

I think the OP should just go with Ryzen, 1600 cpu, 750W psu, 1TB ssd, 2TB HDD, 16GB ram brand name, cheapest case, mid range price point ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte mobo.

3 hours ago, yathis said:

I think the OP should just go with Ryzen, 1600 cpu, 750W psu, 1TB ssd, 2TB HDD, 16GB ram brand name, cheapest case, mid range price point ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte mobo.

op for basic office work honestly he just needs a Optiplex or something like that