New GPU not working?

Hello,

I have been in the process of upgrading my computer in to a more workable thing, especially for gaming purposes. I started out with this:

Pre-built Acer Aspire X3995:

i5-3470 quad-core @3.4GHz

DIB75L-Lena motherboard

8 GB RAM DDR3 (2×4, Kingston)

1 TB HDD

Came with Windows 7 x64 (haven't upgraded and no intention to)

Nvidia GeForce 620

As I said, I am in the process of upgrading. I replaced the PSU to a Corsair 450W plus bronze and bought a Zotac Geforce gtx 1050 Ti mini. Also bought a new casing to fit everything in (bought after seeing the Mini-card not even fitting in the slim-case). Transferred all the stuff today including the new GPU and that's where the problems start:

* PC Works fine with the old GPU

* With the new one, it doesn't boot any further than the BIOS-screen and I can't even access the setup-menu; after about 20 seconds, the pc produces 1 short beep every 15 secs, then after three beeps it shuts itself down

* Putting the old card back makes the unit work fine again

* I've updated the BIOS to the latest available version (P11.A2 I believe), doesn't work

* Resetting the BIOS to factory settings (i.e. manually discarding all made changes in the BIOS menu) didn't work as well

What are my options and/or the possibilities? Thanks in advance

Not sure if this is a possibility but maybe power delivery on that motherboard is not sufficient enough for the 1050ti?

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

7 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Not sure if this is a possibility but maybe power delivery on that motherboard is not sufficient enough for the 1050ti?

possibly, the 1050ti is 75W compared to a 620's 49W, but PCIe should be able to supplies 75W, unless in certain cases where it's 25W (servers), but even still it should be running, because a 50W can run on it, making it seam like a 75W slot, meaning it should be able to run a 1050ti, but in case it is plug it in to power it and hope it works

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

6 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

That could always be the case, but that's the reason I changed the original PSU (220W) to the one I have now (450W). And these 1050-series are known to be power efficient, needing only 75W max. There wasn't an additional connection for PCIe although my PSU does have an extra connector for that. Maybe trade this mini-card for a normal one to tackle both a possible defective GPU and an inadequate power supply?

2 hours ago, Thom27 said:

That could always be the case, but that's the reason I changed the original PSU (220W) to the one I have now (450W). And these 1050-series are known to be power efficient, needing only 75W max. There wasn't an additional connection for PCIe although my PSU does have an extra connector for that. Maybe trade this mini-card for a normal one to tackle both a possible defective GPU and an inadequate power supply?

That was my second thought, that way it will rule out defective gpu and the power thing like you said, best of luck either way and sorry we couldn't be more help to ya.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.