RX460 running at 100% in idle?

MrSeal

A long time ago I OC-ed my rx460 (not by much only like a 50 MHZ bump on the core and memory) and it was fine. But today I OC-ed it again by like 20 MHz and benchmarked it in Rise of the Tomb Raider and it crashed. I thought that this is normal, I removed the OC but I noticed that the GPU is always at 100%. Well the core clock is but the memory just stays at 300 MHz and the core is at 1310 MHz (like the original OC) Is there a way I can fix it? The temperature isn't that hot only like 50 C but the card is noisy and it just bothers me.

Névtelen.png

8 minutes ago, intender said:

maybe a mining virus.  There are a lot of those going around right now. 

What he means is reinstall windows

My life

14 minutes ago, MrSeal said:

the memory just stays at 300 MHz

As far as I'm aware, the 300mhz on your memory in your overclocking tool is the memory overclock, not the actual memory clock. AMD cards show the normal memory clock as zero in afterburner.

With regards to the suspicious activity, check your startup programs and see if there's anything unusual in there, perhaps?

Okay, thank you, I'll try these things that you guys answered and I will let you know if anything works!

Hmm.. this is interesting. Yesterday I tried to restart my computer and it was the same. Now I turned it on and everything is normal. That's weird. Anyways thanks all and sorry for wasting your time! :\

3 minutes ago, MrSeal said:

Hmm.. this is interesting. Yesterday I tried to restart my computer and it was the same. Now I turned it on and everything is normal. That's weird. Anyways thanks all and sorry for wasting your time! :\

So is your problem resolved, then? If so, that's fantastic!