Slow Samba Transfer Speeds

And here I am again! Back on the Linus tech tip forum.

Basically my problem this time is slow transfer speeds when transfering to the computer.

Copying from the computer is fine but to it then we have a problem. You see for yourself which one is copying to the computer.

The other 2 images are speed tests ones on a SMB protocol and the other is on TDP protocol. So it's just when it comes to real world use of file transfer that I get the slow copy speeds. Anyone care to shine some light? Thanks.

Screenshot_20170720-154137.png

Screenshot_20170720-154212.png

Screenshot_20170720-154037.png

Screenshot_20170720-153930.png

EDIT: Cable from pc to rj45 plate this runs in the wall to router, then rj45 cable out from wall plate by router into the back of the router. My phone is connected by WiFi.

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You have not described your network in the slightest.  How is anyone supposed to help you with zero information about your network?

I edited it, hope it helps :). But there is obviously nothing that needs to be changed about my network. It's most likely a setting or something right? Fast download from pc but slow upload to the pc? I'm using es file explorer by the way. When using WiFi speed test and testing SMB it shows that it copies at 2MB/s where as changing nothing and copying files from phone to pc yields slow transfer speeds.

Just now, lukesterboy said:

I edited it, hope it helps :). But there is obviously nothing that needs to be changed about my network. It's most likely a setting or something right? Fast download from pc but slow upload to the pc? I'm using es file explorer by the way. When using WiFi speed test and testing SMB it shows that it copies at 2MB/s where as changing nothing and copying files from phone to pc yields slow transfer speeds.

No.

Describe the model of the router. 802.11N? 802.11AC?  100 or 1000mbit switches?

Is the router the only piece of networking gear asside from the clients?

What grade is the cable in the walls for the plates?  CAT5?  CAT5e?  CAT6?

Describe the model of the phone.  We don't even know what kind of wifi the connection in the phone is like.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

No.

Describe the model of the router. 802.11N? 802.11AC?  100 or 1000mbit switches?

Is the router the only piece of networking gear asside from the clients?

What grade is the cable in the walls for the plates?  CAT5?  CAT5e?  CAT6?

Describe the model of the phone.  We don't even know what kind of wifi the connection in the phone is like.

Ok. It's a Sky Q Hub Router. So I'm guessing it's delivering 802.11AC speeds. I'm connected on a OP3T by 5Ghz. The whole cable run from PC to router is in cat5e. But this should all have no real importance when you can go one way but not the other?

2 minutes ago, lukesterboy said:

Ok. It's a Sky Q Hub Router. So I'm guessing it's delivering 802.11AC speeds. I'm connected on a OP3T by 5Ghz. The whole cable run from PC to router is in cat5e. But this should all have no real importance when you can go one way but not the other?

Well, in one of those screen shots it clearly says that your link speed is only 72mbps raw which is... Uhh... definitely not 802.11 AC.  Like, that is PAINFULLY short of 802.11ac

And your 'good' transfer speed is 2.25MB/s or about 18mbps which is, uhh... Aweful.

You appear to have worse network issues than you think.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well, in one of those screen shots it clearly says that your link speed is only 72mbps raw which is... Uhh... definitely not 802.11 AC.  Like, that is PAINFULLY short of 802.11ac

And your 'good' transfer speed is 2.25MB/s or about 18mbps which is, uhh... Aweful.

You appear to have worse network issues than you think.

Well this is what I'm trying to figure out. My bad at the time of testing it was on a 72Mbps 2.4Ghz link either way I was only yielding around 3MB tops which Is like 24Mb of the 72Mb connection?

Just did the speed test on 5Ghz for sure this time. Still yields the same results. Fast transfer times in the speedtest but slow in real world of copying my own files. Also the link speed jumped down from 195 after the test finished. But while the test was conducting it stayed on 195Mbps. ;)

Screenshot_20170720-164020.png

Screenshot_20170720-163849.png

Screenshot_20170720-163743.png

When it comes to samba performance on android, I've not been able to get any better speeds than you. I don't think it's a problem you can fix.

Comb it with a brick

14 hours ago, .:MARK:. said:

When it comes to samba performance on android, I've not been able to get any better speeds than you. I don't think it's a problem you can fix.

Ah right. I see. It's just weird because it copies from it and get fast speeds on a normal TCP test but not when using Samba. Oh well, i'll think i'll switch it to FTP anyway.