Steam will not open

jado

I am severely triggered at the moment and planned on playing some games on steam but Gaben screwed me over again, I cannot open Steam at all. This happens quite often but usually I can use the task manager to force close the bootstrapper then relaunch steam and have it work. This time the bootstrapper doesn't appear in my Task Manager so it isn't even launching. When I click on steam the little blue loading circle comes for a second then nothing else. Please help me :(

Yes ive restarted my computer 3 times...

5 minutes ago, jado said:

I am severely triggered at the moment and planned on playing some games on steam but Gaben screwed me over again, I cannot open Steam at all. This happens quite often but usually I can use the task manager to force close the bootstrapper then relaunch steam and have it work. This time the bootstrapper doesn't appear in my Task Manager so it isn't even launching. When I click on steam the little blue loading circle comes for a second then nothing else. Please help me :(

Yes ive restarted my computer 3 times...

Have you got an internet connection? It might need to update and thus need a connection to do so...

Oh wait you must have since your posting here NEVER MIND 

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Steam?

Of course i didn't try that... Im incredibly stupid. 

If i re installed steam would I lose any files like pictures etc.? That's kind of a dumb question I'd just prefer to not lose games and screenshots.

20 minutes ago, jado said:

Of course i didn't try that... Im incredibly stupid. 

If i re installed steam would I lose any files like pictures etc.? That's kind of a dumb question I'd just prefer to not lose games and screenshots.

Screenshots get uploaded to the "Steam cloud"

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

5 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Screenshots get uploaded to the "Steam cloud"

The ones I don't upload and my games. Will they be ok if I uninstall steam?