Question about pumps!

Today I was wondering if i can use car water pump something like this for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flojet-High-Pressure-Water-Pump-12-V-DC-60-PSI-1-GPM-3-8-in-Fittings-/281035453109?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item416f04b2b5

instead of the mcp655-B for example which has 50psi
then i started asking myself 2 questions:
- The noise, how many dBs?
- What is the life cycle/spawn

maybe there's another difference I don't know but i was wondering if i can use this anyone tried it or tested it before?

MCP655's (Laing D5's) are bulletproof. They'll outlast most things in your system and can be cranked down to be pretty much silent if you get the vario model (haven't checked the eBay link).

If you're not hurting for space, the D5 is what you want. Unless you're one of those crazy guys that feels the urge to run an Iwaki rd-30 ;)

MCP655's (Laing D5's) are bulletproof. They'll outlast most things in your system and can be cranked down to be pretty much silent if you get the vario model (haven't checked the eBay link).

Yea i heard the MCP655 is really good but I'm still looking for options since i live in Egypt ill pay like 150 dollars extras for shipping beside customs.. so i was checking if i can use the another pump that can be available in my country xD

If you're not hurting for space, the D5 is what you want. Unless you're one of those crazy guys that feels the urge to run an Iwaki rd-30 ;)

I wanted to buy that pump to save money not buy a pump that can work for 10 pcs :P

Today I was wondering if i can use car water pump something like this for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flojet-High-Pressure-Water-Pump-12-V-DC-60-PSI-1-GPM-3-8-in-Fittings-/281035453109?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item416f04b2b5

instead of the mcp655-B for example which has 50psi

then i started asking myself 2 questions:

- The noise, how many dBs?

- What is the life cycle/spawn

maybe there's another difference I don't know but i was wondering if i can use this anyone tried it or tested it before?

We use those flojets at work...loud as hell...

No D5 alive can produce 50 psi,think more along the lines of 5-6 PSI....

50 PSI will blow hose...blocks.....rads.....the whole lot.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

We use those flojets at work...loud as hell...

No D5 alive can produce 50 psi,think more along the lines of 5-6 PSI....

50 PSI will blow hose...blocks.....rads.....the whole lot.

Yea I had a hunch they were pretty loud but i hoped the rubber would fix that 

and check the specs here: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2128/ex-pmp-27/

ull find the max pressure is 50psi (3.5 bar)

Yea I had a hunch they were pretty loud but i hoped the rubber would fix that 

and check the specs here: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2128/ex-pmp-27/

ull find the max pressure is 50psi (3.5 bar)

Im telling you now,50 PSI is mains supply level of power,D5's can be stopped by putting a finger over the outlet.

No way in hell do they produce 50 PSI,that is probably the max it can take before exploding.

Pump-D5-5.jpg

Im a bit of a D5 nut....

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Thanks for this info i guess thats pretty useful for my search for pumps here in Egypt :)

but the real question was do u think if i used a good fish tank pump or the car's wiper pump will do the job or no?

you could probably run 2 aquarium pumps for redundancy. not sure how long a windshield wiper pump would last running constantly.

or just use 1 and make sure you MBs overheat shut off is on and set. 

there are also all in one coolers that have strong pumps, you might want to look into expanding one of them if you can get one.

you could probably run 2 aquarium pumps for redundancy. not sure how long a windshield wiper pump would last running constantly.

or just use 1 and make sure you MBs overheat shut off is on and set. 

there are also all in one coolers that have strong pumps, you might want to look into expanding one of them if you can get one.

Well first of all thanks for your reply, I'm building a desk pc Ill start posting my work log when everything is a bit concrete I already drew the sketch up model just trying to know how im gonna buy everything still looking in to stuff...

So running 2 aquarium pumps wont be good i guess ill have to buy 4 pumps for double loops, I think 2 MCP655-B will be cheaper and better..

I need to look into wiper pumps that's available in my country ill be checking next week :)

dual loops are almost never better then a proper single loop.   and unless your running your radiators in another room then your PC 1 MCP665-b will be fine. using 2 is for looks and for redundancy when your computer has to run 24/7 without ever turning off.

Well, I rarely switch off my pc + I heard its better 2 use double loops if you're gonna cool CPU & SLI GPU if i can use one pump for those then im good to go ill just use 1x MCP655 Vario Speed with some speed controller

Two loops give you the issue of how to distribute your radiators. Unless you have a lot of rads that you can afford to split them up there is no point in having the headache of deciding how split the rads.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Two loops give you the issue of how to distribute your radiators. Unless you have a lot of rads that you can afford to split them up there is no point in having the headache of deciding how split the rads.

Well I already sent u my build and sketchup.jpg in a pm lol.. I'm having 2x360mm rads

Well I bought one pump already but I'm still deciding on the second with you guys :)

Dual loops are really for quadfire/sli rigs that need the CPU separated in order to gain the last few Mhz from it.

I run a dual CPU,mobo block,vrm block and tri fire....all on a single loop.

Dual loops are really for quadfire/sli rigs that need the CPU separated in order to gain the last few Mhz from it.

I run a dual CPU,mobo block,vrm block and tri fire....all on a single loop.

Single loop it is xD

What kinda pump is that?

Well I already sent u my build and sketchup.jpg in a pm lol.. I'm having 2x360mm rads

Well I bought one pump already but I'm still deciding on the second with you guys :)

Well, how would you distribute your rads. It would be bad to give a whole 360 to a CPU.

Single loop it is xD

What kinda pump is that?

He has a D5 Strong running at 24V, however a D5 vario would suffice.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Well, how would you distribute your rads. It would be bad to give a whole 360 to a CPU.

Actually,its 2 strongs in series but they are both at minimum settings

I was gonna use the CPU,MOBO RAM and maybe hard together and sli in a loop alone

but now im thinking to put all of them in one loop as B Negative said in series together

Actually,its 2 strongs in series but they are both at minimum settings

Thanks wait up for my work log i will love to have your opinion as well as ghost's when i start in a week or two :)

im running a single D5 and I leave my comp on over night most of the time too.  what I meant is if you need to leave your comp on for work or some other reason you don't want to risk any down time to your rig run 2 pumps. im running 3 high restriction waterblocks and 2 rads with 1 D5 strong running 8 volts, and ive seen no benefit to cooling running it at 24volts even though it doubles my flow rate.

Neg?! When did you get here? :P

A while a go BC,I have been pretty active,surprised you aint seen me about..

What you been upto?

im running a single D5 and I leave my comp on over night most of the time too.  what I meant is if you need to leave your comp on for work or some other reason you don't want to risk any down time to your rig run 2 pumps. im running 3 high restriction waterblocks and 2 rads with 1 D5 strong running 8 volts, and ive seen no benefit to cooling running it at 24volts even though it doubles my flow rate.

Well, I'll try and go for just one pump and see how is it going to go thanks :)

I read @ Xtremesystems that someone did some testing with the pump at 24v and it did heat up

13v gives max performance 

well I have a flowmeter in my rig so when I said it doubled, it really goes from 2.7LPM to 5.2LPM

yea running a D5 at 24 volts will heat it up. 13v gives max performance? what kind of performance cause its not flow rate or pressure.

Well, that was a test some guy named Martin did with MCP655-B but i don't know why he was testing voltages not pressures or FL?
so found it interesting to read but cant find the topic again to show it to u :(