Headphones Help

BestPCBuilder2017

So I'm trying to figure out what the sensitivity/efficiency of the Sennheiser HD 650's are. According to Amazon, they're 103 dB, but it doesn't say per mW or mV or whatever and I was wondering someone could help. 

3 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

117 dB SPL/mW

Where did you find that? 

7 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

117 dB SPL/mW

But don't buy HD650s get HD 6XXs, much cheaper for the same thing.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Quick note on the 6xx - that offer won't last long so hop on it if you can, but they also won't ship till December so you won't be using them until 2018

11 hours ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Quick note on the 6xx - that offer won't last long so hop on it if you can, but they also won't ship till December so you won't be using them until 2018

Thanks for the information. 

I think at that long of a wait, I will again stick to my original plan of buying the HD 650s. 

20 hours ago, kmathieu2220 said:

People who are willing to spend $200 now and then see the product comes in 2018 are probably out of their mind.

1 hour ago, xtroria said:

People who are willing to spend $200 now and then see the product comes in 2018 are probably out of their mind.

Or they appreciate a good deal and have some patience XD.

I'm assuming its a little bit of both. The demand for those headphones brought on by videos like the one Linus made makes them pretty tough to get a hold of so I don't mind waiting a few months. I usually end up forgetting I bought things on Massdrop since it always takes so long and I end up surprising myself when it eventually shows up haha