pretty sure intergrated graphics runs monitor (laptop)

overturnedv1

so recently i have been noticing that my laptop is not as good as it use to be, and it is very frustrating. so i went to display settings, and display adapter properties, and i saw this http://prntscr.com/fw9ep1. im 99% sure it use to say GTX 1060 and intel hd graphics before, but now it doesnt. so how do i fix this issue? it is very aggravating 

Anything to do with that will be fixable through drivers, but having owned (well, I still do) a laptop with switchable graphics, I know that can be easier said than done.  I would try DDU to clean up what's there and then install the package provided by the maker of the laptop, or at least a version from nvidia and/or intel that's not too recent (although if it's supposed to be a 1060 I wouldn't worry about that being an issue)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

alos what do you mean "a version that is not to recent" im really not a pc guy so when you say just simply uninstall this and do that and then reinstall that it doesnt really help me,

11 hours ago, overturnedv1 said:

alos what do you mean "a version that is not to recent" im really not a pc guy so when you say just simply uninstall this and do that and then reinstall that it doesnt really help me,

I mean on my laptop, it doesn't work in I install the latest drivers, I actually have to stay on an older version.  It's possible you'll have to do the same, but since it's a 1060 laptop it probably hasn't been out long enough for this to become apparent (if it will ever at all).

My recommendation would be as follows:

1. Download DDU 
  2. Use it to remove the existing video drivers (this will reboot to safe mode)
  3. Then go to the website for your laptop and download the drivers they provided:
Spoiler

NVIDIA GeForce Driver

[10.18.13.6871]
463.32 MB
2016/08/15
Intel HD Graphics Driver
[20.19.15.4463]
199.27 MB
2016/07/26

Try that, if it works, good, you're done.  If not, you could try going to the nvidia and Intel sites manually and downloading from there.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

im actually getting a 144hz monitor the nexeus vue 24, it just went back on sale. but thank you so much for your help