weird youtube delay issues

so if i watch youtube, while my system is doing something else, say, download games from steam, the video starts to lag behind the audio. 

I limit steam's download speed to 3mb/s

my specs:

Core 2 Quad Q9550

6GB ddr2 

Radeon hd 6670

Windows 10

i checked my cpu usage, and it stays below 50%

this happens on Chrome and Edge.

She/Her

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

so if i watch youtube, while my system is doing something else, say, download games from steam, the video starts to lag behind the audio. 

I limit steam's download speed to 3mb/s

my specs:

Core 2 Quad Q9550

6GB ddr2 

Radeon hd 6670

Windows 10

i checked my cpu usage, and it stays below 50%

this happens on Chrome and Edge.

well, that CPU is nearly a decade old... newer cpu's are way more powerful and have newer and more optimizations and things like ssl etc.. a old i5 2600k is about 50% better overall in benchmarks.. even a kaby lake celeron is about 15% faster on a single thread.. time to change to a ryzen?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, Changis said:

well, that CPU is nearly a decade old... newer cpu's are way more powerful and have newer and more optimizations and things like ssl etc.. a old i5 2600k is about 50% better overall in benchmarks.. even a kaby lake celeron is about 15% faster on a single thread.. time to change to a ryzen?

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9550-vs-Intel-Celeron-G3930/m334vsm235058

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

i can watch youtube just fine on my old gaming rig, which has a core 2 duo e8400, so, the Q9550 is more than fine. also, i stated that my cpu usage stays below 50%, so it's not even using all of my cpu power. 

if i quit steam and origin, and just have Edge open, the cpu stays below 20%..

30 minutes ago, Changis said:

She/Her