Good build for a 510$ pc to run Overwatch?

Yana
Just now, Yana said:

@Energycore and does a Motherboard play a role in gaming like overwatch?

No

10 minutes ago, Yana said:

Ok, so this cpu wont cause any High temp problems (last time my laptop did that and melted plastic...) and  The list you put above a few posts, Follow that one?

Also no

The stock cooler is a little bit loud but it's fine and it definitely won't melt plastic

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

47 minutes ago, Energycore said:

There's actually a couple bad value choices there. Save some money on PSU and case and grab an SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($78.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($59.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($143.66 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $514.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-11 00:20 EDT-0400

Ill follow this one, since you wrote it and the list is there :D

Could i switch the microatx mid tower for a reg mid tower?

49 minutes ago, Yana said:

Ill follow this one, since you wrote it and the list is there :D

Could i switch the microatx mid tower for a reg mid tower?

Yeah let's do that, and do the big SSD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($78.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($59.92 @ Amazon)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($143.66 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $495.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-11 02:00 EDT-0400

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 hours ago, Yana said:

Only indirectly. A motherboard may have better or poorer support for features like CPU or memory overclocking, which can in turn affect gaming. Support for multi-GPU technologies like SLI and Crossfire is also generally a feature of the motherboard. Nothing on the motherboard does any "processing" of the game, though.

If you buy an SSD, make it 250 GB or more. The whole point of the SSD is to be able to install games to it so you can load in a little faster. In my experience moving games to my 850 EVO SATA SSD makes them load around 25-30% faster than running them off my 7200 RPM hard drive. The stuff you always hear about system responsiveness from using an SSD just feels like a placebo effect IMO. Yeah the boot is faster but it never felt night and day going from HDD to SSD. I would advise not cutting things out of the budget just to fit in a 120 GB SSD that might fit one AAA game on it. Because a 120GB is really 111.76 GiB, which is the number Windows will show you for the size of your SSD. This is because a Gigabyte is 10^9 bytes whereas a Gibibyte is 2^30 = 1.0737*10^9 bytes. So your 120GB drive is really 111.76 GiB. Now you need to save about 8% of that drive space for overprovisioning, as an SSD needs a percentage of free space for bookkeeping or it gets really slow. So now your 120GB drive is really 102.8 GiB of usable storage. That would be fine for Overwatch but if you ever wanted to put a big game like GTA V it might be tough to squeeze in. And then you already have games like Gears of War 4 using over 100 GiB.

12 hours ago, Yana said:

No. Some things about your rig..

MOBO: you can go cheaper and smaller with something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rLs8TW/msi-motherboard-h110mgaming

PSU you dont need more that 500W and bronze lvl. something like this is enough https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr

RAM: you dont need 2400, you can go with 1600, dont know if there is much price difference tho.

HARD DRIVE: just buy an ssd and forget about that 1TB drive.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, Khamul said:

No. Some things about your rig..

MOBO: you can go cheaper and smaller with something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rLs8TW/msi-motherboard-h110mgaming

PSU you dont need more that 500W and bronze lvl. something like this is enough https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zNK7YJ/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr

RAM: you dont need 2400, you can go with 1600, dont know if there is much price difference tho.

HARD DRIVE: just buy an ssd and forget about that 1TB drive.

Would it still do the same amount of stuff my brother wants to do IF i choose those items

9 hours ago, Yana said:

Would it still do the same amount of stuff my brother wants to do IF i choose those items

Yes. But it would also limit future upgrades since these psu and mobo are very basic.

This looks like a relatively good option, however, as others have said, I would recommend getting an SSD. SSDs speed up things a lot and is considered one of the best computer upgrades. A 120GB should be good and you can put your OS and a few smaller games on it. I have a 1TB SSD and I have my OS and all my applications, software, and games on it. All my files are on my 2TB HDD.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

On 7/13/2017 at 4:42 AM, Khamul said:

Yes. But it would also limit future upgrades since these psu and mobo are very basic.

But I stick to what my build is now, i can keep the parts that i have atm such as the psu and not buy another one when i am upgrading..right?

4 hours ago, Yana said:

But I stick to what my build is now, i can keep the parts that i have atm such as the psu and not buy another one when i am upgrading..right?

I don't understand what ur saying