Mining Problem

I do mining a couple of hours everyday .. im using a gtx 1070 .. the problem im getting is that the GPU crashes .. sometiems after 5 min sometimes after 3 hours .. the error is that Nvidia display drivers 3.... crashed and successfully recovered .. could someone explain why this could be happening? GPU temps dont go above 70 C and no overlock is applied just power limit and temp target is set to max. Also is there a way to limit GPU usage so the card doesnt work at 100% all the time as that results in quicker burnt components. 

17 minutes ago, Saif Zafar said:

I do mining a couple of hours everyday .. im using a gtx 1070 .. the problem im getting is that the GPU crashes .. sometiems after 5 min sometimes after 3 hours .. the error is that Nvidia display drivers 3.... crashed and successfully recovered .. could someone explain why this could be happening? GPU temps dont go above 70 C and no overlock is applied just power limit and temp target is set to max. Also is there a way to limit GPU usage so the card doesnt work at 100% all the time as that results in quicker burnt components. 

if anything drop your power limit to something more reasonable, like 60%. Mining is about memory speed, not GPU speed. I have seen zero appreciable difference in running a GTX 1070 at 122% power or 60% power but i HAVE seen appreciable difference in OC'ing RAM, to the tune of 600 MHz.

most often GPUs crash because of P-State problems or dxkrnl.dll problems. a DDU clean and re-install generally fixes the problems.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic