New Gaming Rig, Help?

So I've finally decided to upgrade my PC after just about 2 years of ownership or so. I love it to death, but I'd like beefier hardware and a more aesthetically pleasing rig. After making a list of parts I'd like and asking a few knowledgeable friends what they thought, I've realized that none of them agree on anything and I might as well just ask as many people as possible and see what happens.

I'm working with a budget of as close as I can get to $3000 USD to build an aesthetically pleasing rig that can be used for rather intensive gaming (Arma 3 that doesn't look like dirt, high frames on graphically intensive games), as well as some light video editing, streaming and maybe even some interesting stuff with SETI@Home. I will be running 2 monitors, one ultrawide main monitor and a smaller secondary for Discord and CPUID and whatnot. I will be needing a new keyboard, because as much as I love my Logitech G710+, I need more pretty colors.

Spoiler

I might have watched the RGB PC Build video a few too many times.

My current PC build:

(Pic attached)

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW
Mobo: MSI Z170 SLI Plus
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) ((One of my fans fell off of the card. I don't know how. RIP.))
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 (@3.20 GHz) w/ Stock Cooler
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX
Main Drive: 1 TB Western Digital Blue HDD 7200rpm
Secondary Drive: 500 GB Seagate HDD 5400rpm (Came out of an old laptop and didn't bother to check anything other than the size)
Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 USB
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Gaming Mouse

The build I've thrown together on PartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/slavshit420/saved/vcF3CJ

What do you think? Too much RGB? Not enough? Too pricey? I'll take anyone's advice who offers it. Send help.

IMG_20170709_003003100.jpg

I remember seeing 11GB 1080ti's $700-$850

Go with that.

Also get a more powerful, more wattage PSU, that is an absolute must. And make sure its a tier 1 psu.

If you need to shave off money, take away one 16GB ram, and wait to buy it.

to many ppl go bling like wid there pc's. I wanna see an obelisk like in 2010.....you build it and they will come...that's aliens

Just now, jools said:

to many ppl go bling like wid there pc's. I wanna see an obelisk like in 2010.....you build it and they will come...that's aliens

I know right. Who cares about rgb!

1 minute ago, yathis said:

I know right. Who cares about rgb!

Yeah but pretty colors lmao I'm not too worried about having RGB but it definitely adds to the aesthetics of the rig and it can even be considered a decoration, not just a gaming PC lol

Just now, yathis said:

Under the desk you dont see it.

Mine is smack dab in the middle of my L-shaped desk lol I guess that's why I'm so bothered about making it look nice

Just now, ✪Harkness said:

Mine is smack dab in the middle of my L-shaped desk lol I guess that's why I'm so bothered about making it look nice

will it help you get laid?

Just now, yathis said:

will it help you get laid?

No, but it makes me happy looking at a purdy box on the desk. I guess I'm scarred from using a white ugly metal dinosaur for so long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So taking a look, would really not recommend spending that much on a mobo. There are nice ones out there that are not going to cost $300+

You could get an m.2 drive over a standard SATA one (cost basically the same, but just look a bit nicer in my opinion)

I have a WD black in my current system, and it makes far too much noise, it is about the only thing in my PC that you can hear most the time, I am already tempted to try to swap it out.

Where you save money on the mobo, upgrade to a Ti? Only am recommending that as I am running a 1440p monitor, and my GTX1080 is pushing 50-70 on most of the latest titles when maxXxed out settings. To get over this I currently use a g-sync monitor. If you are set on 4K (which at 28" I can't really say is worth it. Too small to make a huge difference over 1440 and Windows does not scale well at all at that res), then you are going to need more than a GTX1080. 

That case is a little too OG GAMER DORIT'S+DEW!!!! for me (ugly as sin), but I have worked with Cooler Master cases before, and they are good. Nice materials, spacious, and good cable management. For ref I ended up getting the "Phanteks EVOLV ATX" for my last build, and really like that case, the darkened glass means that black cables basically cannot be seen, but the RGB from the mobo and Asus Strix still are visible.

Reasonably sane power supply choice. I would only recommend you invest in a few more Watts (600-700W), as a PSU can last you multiple builds if you can get a nice one.

Don't get a USB wireless adapter when the PCIe ones are not much more expensive, I already use the PCE-AC56.

Again with the monitor, at 28" I don't know if the res is worth it. Higher refresh, g-sync, bigger/ultra-wide, or a second monitor are all better things to have that 4K.

That is the keyboard that I want, just can't justify the price, (but nice choice though).

Headphones don't seem like any real step up from the headset you already have.

@GrayFox1991 Thanks for all the feedback man, I appreciate it. Yeah the mobo is kinda pricey, I probably only added it to the build on account of the massive erection it gave me when I first discovered it lmao  And it is a super ugly case, isn't it? I would love a tempered glass and brushed metal deal but I don't want to need to keep a bottle of Windex on my desk at all times to keep it fingerprint free. I actually didn't even know that monitor was on the build still, I had ended up deciding on a 1080 ultrawide instead. Nice taste in keyboards haha and the headset is great to listen to audio but the mic is absolute trash, I actually want to get proper headphones and a Blue Yeti or AT2050 to get audio noice and crispy. I'll definitely take all the tips into consideration for the next iteration of the rig.