R5 1400 Users!!

ok i've been having issues since saturday getting my computer up to just work and i was wondering if everyone's getting this. should i get a replacement chip or is it the motherboard? any insight would be appreciated.it's reading 2 core 4 threads

R5 1400.PNG

not sure why its showing only 2 cores, is anything else weird with the system?

Just now, Adam Crow said:

getting my computer up to just work

what do you mean by that?

Did you mess in the BIOS and try a stress test ONCE if you didn't Mrs with the BIOS never ever touch stuff in the bios without researching 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, Reglare said:

not sure why its showing only 2 cores, is anything else weird with the system?

well its showing 8 logical but core temp just shows 2c/4t and i wanted to know if it was just me that's seeing this due to core temp or am i seeing it for what it is. i was getting a lot of crashes installing updates with windows. clock watchdog timeouts or just freeze consistency on the simplistic task like watching VLC

R5 1400 2.PNG

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

what do you mean by that?

well first i would get clock watchdog timeout errors and would crash on trying to update windows. i would try watching VLC movies and it would crash instantly after a few minutes. the system would crash every 20 minutes or so. but so far right now it hasn't went belly up. 

5 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Did you mess in the BIOS and try a stress test ONCE if you didn't Mrs with the BIOS never ever touch stuff in the bios without researching 

the only thing i did at first was update the bios to the latest and install the motherboard driver disc. it included a Ryzen patch on the cd

Did you do a fresh install of Windows 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Adam Crow said:

the only thing i did at first was update the bios to the latest and install the motherboard driver disc. it included a Ryzen patch on the cd

What BIOS and mobo?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, RKRiley said:

Did you do a fresh install of Windows 

i had to as my FX 6300 build drive corrupted as it transferred so it's a New OS and now it seems to not crash every 30 minutes which i'm happy but i am concerned. 

if windows is showing the 4 cores 8 threads, then likely the issue is going to be Core Temp... Try Realtemp or HWMonitor and see if it shows up properly. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

What BIOS and mobo?

Motherboard is a Gigabyte A320M-HD2 with the bios F2 (came with a F1 Rev) they have a F3 on the site but the board wont accept it

I'd go with what task manager shows over the many broken sensors Ryzen deals with tbh

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

if windows is showing the 4 cores 8 threads, then likely the issue is going to be Core Temp... Try Realtemp or HWMonitor and see if it shows up properly. 

realtemp is not supported and this is hwmonitor results

R5 1400 3.PNG

Check and see if your bios has all core enabled.

check my PC build here: https://valid.x86.fr/jyjc2n

b350 tomhawk arctic h.51 bios, Corsair LPX ram running at 3200mhz

case is a 35$ Zalman Z3 plus white with a cooler master 10$ (15MIR)hyper t4 cooler

20$ EVGA 450w bt (black cables)

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

6 minutes ago, tim11111111 said:

Check and see if your bios has all core enabled.

it's an a320 board so settings are limited. no real way to tell it to.