What Should I Get?

Go to solution Solved by Vague,

now idk about the soundcard being worse then then onboard, but I can see were it wouldn't make a difference maybe.

ok, so based on the feedback so far I think I'll just get the ASUS ROG Hero MOBO. Unless there are any other objections stating that I should go with the alternative Z87-Plus + Soundcard, or a DAC?

No point in getting a soundcard or a Dac for those headsets.

Ok so I'm planning to buy all my computer parts this coming Black Friday and i pretty much have all the parts picked out excepted I'm at a fork in the road; i cant decide which audio solution is right for me exactly? Yes i have read the FAQ and that helped lots but i need some opinions on stuff here. Basically what i have narrowed it down to is i either get the ASUS ROG Hero MOBO with is SupremeFX Audio and a bunch of other features thats on the MOBO that is not Audio related, OR the Creative Labs Z series sound card (specifically the Zx sound card) with the ASUS Z87-Plus MOBO.

I plan on listening to music and mixing/making music from a non professional point (i just want too see if i like doing that kind of stuff), and if course i love to play my video games and talk with my friend through TeamSpeak and Skype. The current headset i use it the Razor Carcharias. But based on the research i did on audio these last couple days i planning on getting headphones w/ a separate mic.

At this point im very confused at what to get so suggestions/answers would be fantastic,

THANK YOU

Well the Hero is a great quality motherboard and has may features including the Audio chip.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It depends on what else you want to do, but I would recommend the Z87 Plus and a quality sound card

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

If you read the FAQ you would know not to buy a sound card. Stick with the better motherboard. Without knowing, I'm assuming you are using a generic headset. In which case a sound card will not improve.

The current headset i use it the Razor Carcharias. But based on the research i did on audio these last couple days i planning on getting headphones w/ a separate mic.

If you read the FAQ you would know not to buy a sound card. Stick with the better motherboard. Without knowing, I'm assuming you are using a generic headset. In which case a sound card will not improve.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Damn it you beat me to it. Was just going to say that lol.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Well here is the headset I use currently:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043

here is the sound card I am thinking about getting: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102049&Tpk=Creative%20Sound%20Blaster%20Zx

I only plan on getting new headphones when these ones die, and I don't know how long that will take, maybe a year or more, They are still pretty new.
I also forgot to mention that I have a pioneer receiver and I have a 5.1 surround sound system set up right now and I do plan on using it exchangeabley with my headset.  Does this make any difference or should I just get the ROG Hero mother board?

Again, you don't need a sound card. It will be the same if not probably worse than on-board.

now idk about the soundcard being worse then then onboard, but I can see were it wouldn't make a difference maybe.

ok, so based on the feedback so far I think I'll just get the ASUS ROG Hero MOBO. Unless there are any other objections stating that I should go with the alternative Z87-Plus + Soundcard, or a DAC?

No point in getting a soundcard or a Dac for those headsets.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.