Windows or Mac?

flamer7

Hey there guys, I would just like to ask, is Mac or Windows better for accounting? If I get a mac, I get a mac. If I get windows, I get windows. I won't be using bootcamp. Please say!

I'd say they're the same... pretty sure you can get any program for accounting on both OS.

Just personal preference in what is easier to use and to get the job done more efficiently. 

This is very opinionated and I would bet that not everybody here has a history in accounting... I'm not saying nobody I just don't mean everyone.. So I have no idea whether or not there are specific accounting programs for each... I'm just going to say windows because it is my preference.

i'm going to have to say windows because macs document area is just so messy imo but im sure you get used to it. I also dont like how tabs work on mac. EDIT: after googling around it seems most accounts who use mac run windows on it anyways and pay for the build quality etc but i would just get one of the acer s7 laptops, the one linus likes because it reminds me of a mac ahha

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

i'm going to have to say windows because macs document area is just so messy imo but im sure you get used to it. I also dont like how tabs work on mac. EDIT: after googling around it seems most accounts who use mac run windows on it anyways and pay for the build quality etc but i would just get one of the acer s7 laptops, the one linus likes because it reminds me of a mac ahha

Hm, which s7 does Linus like?

It's like comparing apples to oranges. Everyone has their own preferences. But my preference is Windows. 

True, but I'm seeing what's better for accounting

True, but I'm seeing what's better for accounting

I dont really think you will find an answer for that here to be completely honest, while we have a lot of PC knowledge collected on this forum, there isnt necessarily a lot of accounting knowledge.

Mac for MOBILE CONTENT CREATION 

PC of everything else. :)

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Mac for MOBILE CONTENT CREATION 

PC of everything else. :)

Nice mate, Windows it is. 

It's like comparing apples to oranges. Everyone has their own preferences. But my preference is Windows. 

haha I see what you did there ;) Apple Apples Oranges.... xD

But are you comparing OSX to Windows.... Mac is a brand-name of hardware/software not just the OS.....

Also I have no idea really due to never working in accounting and what software there is out for both of them D:

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

haha I see what you did there ;) Apple Apples Oranges.... xD

But are you comparing OSX to Windows.... Mac is a brand-name of hardware/software not just the OS.....

Also I have no idea really due to never working in accounting and what software there is out for both of them D:

Mac basically means osx, since osx only comes from mac.. Windows comes from many different brands

Mac basically means osx, since osx only comes from mac.. Windows comes from many different brands

cool cool ;)

post-3287-0-40088800-1385463856.gif

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

SteamOS?  :ph34r:

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I would say it depends on the usage scenario. Do you need a laptop? Will you be on the move? Multiple screens at the office?

cool cool ;)

Aights.

SteamOS?  :ph34r:

NA-UH

I would say it depends on the usage scenario. Do you need a laptop? Will you be on the move? Multiple screens at the office?

Laptop for sure, will be moving around alot. No multiple screens, not required at all.

Go the mac, especially for accounting. Alot more secure and worker friendly in terms of data encryption and storage.

Soon to be uni

Aights.

NA-UH

Laptop for sure, will be moving around alot. No multiple screens, not required at all.

Soon to be uni

As it stands now, MacBook Air is, IMO, your best choice for 13". 12h battery and the best trackpad you can get. Only thing is, I would assume a numpad would be nice for accounting work, and the laptops I like doesn't have them. But then again, you could easily get something that plugs into USB or something (or BlueTooth, no dongle! :D)

Any laptops with a decent graphic card?

Get the ASUS Zenbook Prime UX32VD-DS72.

Intel Core i7-3517U(1.90GHz)

4GB DDR3 RAM, 128GBx2 SSD (256GB via RAID 0)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 + nVidia GT620M 1GB

13.3" Full HD 1920 x 1080

Windows 8 64-Bit

Newegg has it on sale. It's $450.00 off normal price. Buy it here this is a really good deal and it has a really good card for such a thin and light ultrabook