Hi all Here's my PC

Thavion Hawk

Here's a parts picker for my setup, I'll tack on some pictures later. Just figured I'd post it on here for all to see.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HqsXQV

I built it up over time rotating parts in and out. At one point it had a pair of 2TB HDD's, but I moved them into a NAS box I built when I upgraded my OS SSD from the 500GB 840EVO to the 512GB 950PRO going all SSD in my rig. The only fan I can't turn off is the PSU's and the cooler pump, but outside that this thing is silent and I like it that way.

Tell me what you all think, and if you want to see some of the builds I've done for my work then check out my Instagram I work as a computer tech for a small computer store but we get to build some nice rigs once in a blue moon. Things like Lit duel 1080 rigs.

Nice build! Though why did you go for a non-K CPU on a Z-series board? Are you not into overclocking, or just didn't need the extra performance for 1080p?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Would've made more sense to go for a B250/150 board but I suppose it's fine.

The geek himself.

To be honest I upgraded to the 6700 non K becuase it was all I could get my hands on at the time and I needed to replace my failed FX8350 with something. It was that or an i5-6400 so yeah easy choice. I got the parts from my work at cost same day and the high clock isn't all that big a deal for me.

2 minutes ago, Thavion Hawk said:

To be honest I upgraded to the 6700 non K becuase it was all I could get my hands on at the time and I needed to replace my failed FX8350 with something. It was that or an i5-6400 so yeah easy choice. I got the parts from my work at cost same day and the high clock isn't all that big a deal for me.

Sounds good. It's still a great Cpu, though it tends to be overshadowed by it's K brethren. Can't wait for the pics!

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Would've made more sense to go for a B250/150 board but I suppose it's fine.

True but the store I work at only stocks two boards for Intel chips and at that time it was out of the ASUS B150-M. So I went with the Z170-A. Also I did want to upgrade to an NVME SSD and the ASUS Z170-A supports it while the B150-M dose not. Now the newer B250's come with two M.2 slots, but what ever the case I'm glad I went with the Z170. That board also has native Fan and Pump headers fro my cooler and fans with very good fan controls built in.

Here's a pic of my system I forgot I posted to my Instagram. Just the tower monitor, mouse, kb, ext...

You can just see the Orange Corner of the LTT Edition NF-F12 I mounted to the 120mm AIO on the top of the case.

first of all, it's not a good build, in fact, it's a bad one.

1. going with a water cooler with locked cpu is pointless.

2. 180 Hz has no advantage over 144 Hz.

3. you should rly get a better gpu and a cheaper cpu. The i7 won't give any + in gaming, not even 3d modeling and that's kinda stuff.

4. you can buy windows 10 cd key for 10$. If you don't intend to, get win home, not pro.

5. again, overclockable mb with locked cpu is a waste of money. 

6. 16 gb is useless under your circumstances.

Overall you can have a rig that costs 1000$ and is twice as good. For example, r5 1400 gtx 1080ti. 

1 hour ago, donaldtrump said:

first of all, it's not a good build, in fact, it's a bad one.

1. going with a water cooler with locked cpu is pointless.

2. 180 Hz has no advantage over 144 Hz.

3. you should rly get a better gpu and a cheaper cpu. The i7 won't give any + in gaming, not even 3d modeling and that's kinda stuff.

4. you can buy windows 10 cd key for 10$. If you don't intend to, get win home, not pro.

5. again, overclockable mb with locked cpu is a waste of money. 

6. 16 gb is useless under your circumstances.

Overall you can have a rig that costs 1000$ and is twice as good. For example, r5 1400 gtx 1080ti. 

He's already built his rig with what he had at the time, and his GPU and CPU are perfectly fine for 1080p. And 16GB is always useful under any circumstances. It may not have been the best bang for the buck build, but it's still a solid performer and has plenty of room for upgrades. 

Main PC 

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

He's already built his rig with what he had at the time, and his GPU and CPU are perfectly fine for 1080p. And 16GB is always useful under any circumstances. It may not have been the best bang for the buck build, but it's still a solid performer and has plenty of room for upgrades. 

Look at the positives guys... please. No need to bash the guy he still built a great PC just as @Zando Bob stated.

2 hours ago, DisguisedDemise said:

Look at the positives guys... please. No need to bash the guy he still built a great PC just as @Zando Bob stated.

Yeah, I think they just aren't realizing he already built it, so all the parts are purchased and such. It's too late to change it, and he doesn't need to, since it's still a high end PC. 

Main PC 

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeah, I think they just aren't realizing he already built it, so all the parts are purchased and such. It's too late to change it, and he doesn't need to, since it's still a high end PC. 

The best bit as well is that having that mobo makes upgrading so much better and easier, so in future if he WANTS a 7700K he can have one, and he will damn enjoy it too and slot in an M.2 ssd in future. honestly im jealous haha