THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, heard it has to do with my video card.

kelvinhall05

Could it be my overclock? My exact model is in my signature, but my core clock is 1150MHz and my memory clock is 1450MHz. Stock clocks are 925MHz and 1250MHz, respectively. Is it this, or something else? Thank you!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I had this problem with a 980ti which was DOA the GPU would hang then BOOm this would pop up

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Could it be my overclock? My exact model is in my signature, but my core clock is 1150MHz and my memory clock is 1450MHz. Stock clocks are 925MHz and 1250MHz, respectively. Is it this, or something else? Thank you!

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers with DDU, and than reinstalling them?

I had the same problem with a used HD 7950 that died 4 days later :( It would bootup n all without the drivers in safe mode, but would not work for gaming. I was told that it was a memory/vram issue with the card, that causes the problem.

EDIT: This was the thread that talked about the same issue I had, that you're currently having. 

15 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers with DDU, and than reinstalling them?

I had the same problem with a used HD 7950 that died 4 days later :( It would bootup n all without the drivers in safe mode, but would not work for gaming. I was told that it was a memory/vram issue with the card, that causes the problem.

EDIT: This was the thread that talked about the same issue I had, that you're currently having. 

One question since you have the exact same GPU, although it doesn't relate to the title. Did one of your fans also die? One of mine did, even though the guy I bought it from insisted that it worked. Thanks!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

19 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

I had this problem with a 980ti which was DOA the GPU would hang then BOOm this would pop up

Yeah, but this only happened twice, and it was very recently.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

One question since you have the exact same GPU, although it doesn't relate to the title. Did one of your fans also die? One of mine did, even though the guy I bought it from insisted that it worked. Thanks!

For me, my Sapphire HD 7950 would only have it's 2nd fan bootup after it reached a certain fanspeed. I got my money back with paypals buyer protection.

This may sound like a wierd question, but was the seller by any chance located in toronto?

4 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

For me, my Sapphire HD 7950 would only have it's 2nd fan bootup after it reached a certain fanspeed. I got my money back with paypals buyer protection.

This may sound like a wierd question, but was the seller by any chance located in toronto?

I'm not sure, maybe he used to be, but I picked it up from him in London, ON (nearby). Yeah, the other fan would only turn on after a certain speed.

EDIT: The seller on Kijiji (unless he had a fake name) was called Chris Otter. Ring any bells?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, danrey84 said:

Hard to explain then but i would keep a close eye and get your warranty ready for an RMA just in case

It's a 7950, the warranty expired years ago (and I'm not the original owner anyways). I don't really care THAT much if it dies, I just want to know in advance so that if it does, I have something to use until my new one arrives.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm not sure, maybe he used to be, but I picked it up from him in London, ON (nearby). Yeah, the other fan would only turn on after a certain speed.

Are you able to post pictures of the card (along with pictures of the silver/chrome plastic, and pcie port of the card) ? As weird as this may sound, maybe the guy that I bought it from, and returned back, resold it to you?

6 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

Are you able to post pictures of the card (along with pictures of the silver/chrome plastic, and pcie port of the card) ? As weird as this may sound, maybe the guy that I bought it from, and returned back, resold it to you?

See my edit. The guy was called Chris Otter, if that rings any bells.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

See my edit. The guy was called Chris Otter, if that rings any bells.

For me, the guy's kijiji name was Darek, but his Paypal name was Philip Zhu, so I'm assuming he used different kijiji names.

2 minutes ago, GamingDevilsCC said:

For me, the guy's kijiji name was Darek, but his Paypal name was Philip Zhu, so I'm assuming he used different kijiji names.

Yeah, IDK. Maybe. I'll try and take some decent photos, but you can only do so much with an iPhone 4.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

@GamingDevilsCC

I hope these are enough pictures, I hope I don't have to go back to my PC and pull it out again.

IMG_0523[1].JPG

IMG_0521[1].JPG

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

@GamingDevilsCC

I hope these are enough pictures, I hope I don't have to go back to my PC and pull it out again.

IMG_0523[1].JPG

IMG_0521[1].JPG

Are you able to take a picture of the silver/chrome part in the top right, and the pcie power port (you dont need to take the gpu out of the case.) One more thing, did the kijiji listing have a picture that looked like the one in here? https://web.archive.org/web/20161121171230/http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7950-Dual-X-3GB-shipping-available-please-message-/322323285225?hash=item4b0bf704e9:g:7rIAAOSwFe5X0vKR