Can i trust windows defender offline scanner?

If i scanned my PC using their offline scanner and it came up with nothing, should i be safe?

if you were suspecting you have a virus, use malwarebytes

if you're being paranoid, it's fine.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

if you were suspecting you have a virus, use malwarebytes

if you're being paranoid, it's fine.

im scanning now with them both and they both come up with no virus detected. I got a trojan before i reset my pc and used New partition and then deleted the partitions it created. Would this have deleted anything that virus could have downloaded?

Just now, yungblood said:

im scanning now with them both and they both come up with no virus detected. I got a trojan before i reset my pc and used New partition and then deleted the partitions it created. Would this have deleted anything that virus could have downloaded?

yes ..

after a format, ALL the data on the partition is gone. everything.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

yes ..

after a format, ALL the data on the partition is gone. everything.

no, i think you misunderstand. Would deleting a partition format it.

no, i think you misunderstand. Would deleting a partition format it.

yes, it would format it to 'no filesystem', then creating a new partition in the windows installer would format it to NTFS automatically

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, yungblood said:

im scanning now with them both and they both come up with no virus detected. I got a trojan before i reset my pc

SUPERAntiSpyware catches more than Malwarebytes in my experience. It's particularly better at worms, trojans, and spyware while Malwarebytes is better at catching malware and other general zero day super infections.

yes, it would format it to 'no filesystem', then creating a new partition in the windows installer would format it to NTFS automatically

so i did format my drive? because im fucking shaking and going into a anxiety attack. Im going for a smoke

Just now, MaxBunny said:

SUPERAntiSpyware catches more than Malwarebytes in my experience. It's particularly better at worms, trojans, and spyware while Malwarebytes is better at catching malware and other general zero day super infections.

ill check this out, ive scanned with Windows defender and Malwarebytes however so what is this chance that i am good?

so i did format my drive? because im fucking shaking and going into a anxiety attack. Im going for a smoke

yes, you did

and all data is gone

and there is NO virus anymore, since it got deleted

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

yes, you did

and all data is gone

and there is NO virus anymore, since it got deleted

you legend, if i could give reddit gold i would. (im broke actually so come to think of it i probably wouldnt).

Im gonna buy new harddrives soon though this one blows. imma pm you

ill check this out, ive scanned with Windows defender and Malwarebytes however so what is this chance that i am good?

99.99999%

that 0.000001% is from it being a thing that fucks up any other drive you have, or it attacking the motherboard (which is not likely at all because secureboot)

im not helping with your anxiety :P

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

you legend, if i could give reddit gold i would. (im broke actually so come to think of it i probably wouldnt).

Im gonna buy new harddrives soon though this one blows. imma pm you

haha

i dont even know what reddit gold does, but feel free to guild me

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

haha

i dont even know what reddit gold does, but feel free to guild me

tbh i dont either but.

In all honesty, just try different anti-virus programs till you have one you like, as long as there from a reputable company. Personally I use Malwarebytes, and for me it works the best.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Just now, liamdoyle27 said:

In all honesty, just try different anti-virus programs till you have one you like, as long as there from a reputable company. Personally I use Malwarebytes, and for me it works the best.

i use malwarebytes im gonna wait for my premium trial to run out and get 3 years subscription for 2 pcs (my laptop and computer). I owe them for all the shit they do. Great company.

If you're worried you can create a bootable USB-stick with a rescue tool in order to scan your computer externally. These tools will usualy do a more thorough job than Windows Defender if you're worried about Windows Defender not picking up sneaky malware or remnants of eliminated threats. Kaspesky, Bitdefender and Symantec all offer such software.

Though if your computer isn't acting strange, I think you can trust Windows Defender.

On 01/07/2017 at 0:58 PM, Raxzzer said:

If you're worried you can create a bootable USB-stick with a rescue tool in order to scan your computer externally. These tools will usualy do a more thorough job than Windows Defender if you're worried about Windows Defender not picking up sneaky malware or remnants of eliminated threats. Kaspesky, Bitdefender and Symantec all offer such software.

Though if your computer isn't acting strange, I think you can trust Windows Defender.

Cheers brewski