My GPU died after 3 months...

Hey guys so a couple days ago I posted that my PC was having problems and I was looking for new RAM. Thankfully people on here are awesome and they said to run Memtest and to try other slots on the mobo to test the RAM some more.

After running memtest for a good while and switching slots on my mobo, it showed my RAM was fine... yet I was still having issues with crashes, freezes, monitor shut downs, blue screens, etc. So finally I looked at the actual file that was causing the crashes (by looking at "details" of the windows shut down window), I typed this file into le googlez, and someone else had a similar issue and found out it was their GPU.

So now I have unplugged my GPU (Radeon HD 7970 Sapphire Dual-x) and taken it out and hooked the monitor up to my CPU (i5-4670k) and my PC is running fine, so far. I have not FULLY jumped to the conclusion that it's a problem with my GPU (even though it seems obvious) BUT if that is the case, my GPU died in less than 3 months!!!!

So I am here to ask you geniuses a few questions:

First off, what other tests should I run with my GPU not plugged in to check if it's a different piece of hardware?

And second, WHAT THE ACTUAL BLAZING TRANQUIL JOE BIDEN F*CK am I supposed to do? There is no way that this GPU was NOT supposed to last me longer than 3 MONTHS. Is there a way I can get a refund? My 1 month is up off newegg or wahtever so I can't return it but can I talk to AMD?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

I'd RMA with Sapphire.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Ok I'll look for it

have you tried reinstalling your drivers?

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

So just uninstall the ones I have then reinstall them?

Firstly I would try and test your gpu in another system if that's possible for you to do. Assuming it is the gpu I would talk to new egg and see if they're willing to do anything for you (though afaik they're not obliged to do anything), normally however you would have to rma it through the manufacturer.

Firstly I would try and test your gpu in another system if that's possible for you to do. Assuming it is the gpu I would talk to new egg and see if they're willing to do anything for you (though afaik they're not obliged to do anything), normally however you would have to rma it through the manufacturer.

Try reinstall the driver, and do this^^

you think you have it bad.   I rma'ed my original evga gtx 670 ftw edition which evga replaced promptly with another card which also went bad in less than a month.   I requested yet another rma which was promptly processed by evga again but this time they sent me the evga gtx 670 SC 4gb version instead of the 2gb FTW edition.  I haven't tested it yet but I hope it's problem free.  I still have one year worth of warranty left.  What I love about evga is that there's absolutely no cost to you for their replacement plan like paying for shipping.  They provide shipping both ways.

I had a bequiet! PSU that lasted for about 2 weeks. Just woke up one day, pushed the power button and felt a stone sink into my stomach as nothing happened. RMA'd it with no problems obviously, but I was out of a PC for nearly two weeks. Good lord the withdrawal symptoms!  :wacko:

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.