Need advice on my issue?

Before I sold my macbook pro 2010, when charging with a UK power block it gave me a a tingle sort of buzzing feeling when running my fingers across the aluminium chassis. This did not happen whilst running off the battery alone. My partner could feel it if he ran his arm across my skin. Despite the power being earthed in plug it still done so.

I used several USB and my graphics tablet plugged into it. I would like to know if that sort of electrocution feeling could damage my peripherals, and when I had not used them for 2 weeks as I waited for my new tower-could plugging the things I had used in the macbook damage my new Pc. They work fine in spare laptop, just worried about our new high end one. Also say once I plugged peripherals from macbook into new Pc, then brought a new USB or plugged partners capture card in. Would that get damaged.

Regards 

Alexis

i'm not sure, but i don't think it's fairly dangerous.. but i know exactly what you speak of as my old unibody did the exact same thing brand new out of the box so it's not a fault or something like that. though i think of it more like the smooth surface feels a tiny bit bumpy when i run my finger along it.. it is a really strange sensation to do it while removing or applying power

my amplifier also does the same on some surfaces, but not others, i have noticed other appliances have had the same phenomenon as well

i am really curious to what it really is though, and what is causing us to feel that "tingly/bumpy" feeling

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Yes that's exactly what it is. Has it caused you any harm to devices or damaged any thing.

44 minutes ago, Alexis4243 said:

Yes that's exactly what it is. Has it caused you any harm to devices or damaged any thing.

have not noticed any adverse effects, though i sold my mac a while ago, my amp is around 10 years and still runs fine.

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

So you are still using things you plugged into the mac?

5 minutes ago, Alexis4243 said:

So you are still using things you plugged into the mac?

its so long ago i cant remember everything i used on it, but i have not had anything fail on me that i didn't know the reason of, or had nothing to do with this

i don't think it's damaging to equipment, but as i don't really know what exactly causes it, i can't say for sure.. but my tv also has the same phenomenon on its edge, it and my amp has been used constantly for the last 5+ years and still works perfectly

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler