New processor

Hello there. So, I am living in a country which is a hell for gamers because euro/dollars are twice as much money as my currency (leva). So let me get straight to the topic now. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my old pc which is absolutely terrible right now and I'm thinking of starting with a new processor which I'm thinking will be AMD FX6100 because it's cheap and good in my opinion. But the thing is that I'm a caveman when it comes to motherboards and I have no idea if it's gonna fit in it. My motherboard by the way is Asus P5KPL-C. So my question is, will the processor fit in this motherboard or I will have to buy a new one? I already checked a motherboard which will work with it but I will have to buy DDR3 RAM as well because mine is DDR2 right now, and that adds up in price and overall it will cost me around 170-180$ overall or around 350 leva in my country which is around 1/2 or 1/3 of the usual salary you get here, and as you might have guesses I can't really afford it. Basically I want to do baby steps to upgrading my pc so right now I just want a new processor without all the commotion of new motherboard, ram and stuff like that.

1 minute ago, Meliodafu said:

Hello there. So, I am living in a country which is a hell for gamers because euro/dollars are twice as much money as my currency (leva). So let me get straight to the topic now. I am thinking of doing some upgrades to my old pc which is absolutely terrible right now and I'm thinking of starting with a new processor which I'm thinking will be AMD FX6100 because it's cheap and good in my opinion. But the thing is that I'm a caveman when it comes to motherboards and I have no idea if it's gonna fit in it. My motherboard by the way is Asus P5KPL-C. So my question is, will the processor fit in this motherboard or I will have to buy a new one? I already checked a motherboard which will work with it but I will have to buy DDR3 RAM as well because mine is DDR2 right now, and that adds up in price and overall it will cost me around 170-180$ overall or around 350 leva in my country which is around 1/2 or 1/3 of the usual salary you get here, and as you might have guesses I can't really afford it. Basically I want to do baby steps to upgrading my pc so right now I just want a new processor without all the commotion of new motherboard, ram and stuff like that.

Sadly you are in a spot were it get any recommended CPU you will need a new Motherboard and ram. almost no way around that.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I see..That's sad..Thank you for the fast answer though!

Firstly, welcome to the forum! 

What exactly is your budget? The annoying problem with cpu upgrades(i'm currently facing the same problem) Is that you often have to upgrade the big 3(CPU, Mobo, RAM) all at the same time. That cpu will definitely not fit in that board. Could you let us know what your budget is in your local currency and possible point us to some online retailers local to you so we can compare prices and see the best value?