Not charging ASUS laptop

Hi,

I have an issue with a ASUS N751jk-t7129h. The laptop won't charge anymore.

The charging light was lighting up orange, as if it's charging. Windows said the battery was charging, although I saw a drop in percentage while doing that. So by all means it says it's actually charging the device but it isn't doing anything.

The device also won't start without the battery but plugged in. Charging indicator light turns off when battery is unplugged. I am unsure if this is normal behavior. 

After a night plugged in the indicator light now blinks orange; the device is almost empty.

a couple of days ago the charger was forgotten and instead a mobile charger was tried which seemed to fit the plug. However it didn't charge (obviously) because of a way to low voltage and ampere. Now it won't charge at all even though the laptop and windows seem to think it does. I have no idea how to troubleshoot further and what the likely suspects are, and how to fix. I do not have access to another charger or battery unfortunatly and unless it's quite certain it's one or the other I'm not really compelled to buy one. Money kinda is an issue.

Any suggestions are welcome! The laptop seems to be completely drained so anything in windows is frankly out of the question because it doesn't have enough juice to actually boot up.

go into CMD and type "powercfg /batteryreport"

Open the HTML document and it will give you an idea of the "health" of the battery as it does sound like your battery is dying. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

go into CMD and type "powercfg /batteryreport"

Open the HTML document and it will give you an idea of the "health" of the battery as it does sound like your battery is dying. 

How would I do that if windows can't boot. Not even purely on net power.

I just tried to boot again, after a night of charging. The battery went from 6% to 0%. It was completely turned off the whole time, only charging.

Edited by Trustadz
More information

Im looking to replace the DC part of the laptop. It's not even soldered on the mobo so i think it's going to be an easy repair. I do need to find a reseller though... anyone knows a reseller for laptop parts that might have it? And ships to the netherlands

6 hours ago, Trustadz said:

How would I do that if windows can't boot. Not even purely on net power.

I just tried to boot again, after a night of charging. The battery went from 6% to 0%. It was completely turned off the whole time, only charging.

Ah, I see your problem now, so its potentially a charging issue over battery?

3 hours ago, Trustadz said:

Im looking to replace the DC part of the laptop. It's not even soldered on the mobo so i think it's going to be an easy repair. I do need to find a reseller though... anyone knows a reseller for laptop parts that might have it? And ships to the netherlands

You talking about the adapter or the port physically on the laptop? If its the adapter then go on ebay else if you're talking about the DC port on the laptop then it may be a lil difficult. 

Just to say, if it is the adapter then literally any brand will be fine as long as its the correct connector, voltage and amperage. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Ah, I see your problem now, so its potentially a charging issue over battery?

You talking about the adapter or the port physically on the laptop? If its the adapter then go on ebay else if you're talking about the DC port on the laptop then it may be a lil difficult. 

Just to say, if it is the adapter then literally any brand will be fine as long as its the correct connector, voltage and amperage. 

The port physically on the laptop. It's fairly easy to replace, if I can actually find the part online :P Found it on Ebay, but the seller asks 60 bucks for it ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/80242-Connecteur-dalimentation-prise-Asus-N751J-N751JK-/132196316327?hash=item1ec783b4a7:g:sAQAAOSwlMFZHZHc&autorefresh=true ).

i don't think it's the charger/adapter as it hasn't been touched when the problem occurred.

If you have an other idea about what it could be then I'm all ears. I'm kinda out of ideas though.

Summary:
Laptop doesn't charge battery when plugged in. Windows and indicator light both seem to think it does charge though.
Battery even empties itself when the computer is completely shutoff. Not sure if problem persists if laptop is unplugged from adapter, and to late to test.