Open box motherboard in the us

I am going to the us on holiday and am buying parts for a system there as it is a lot cheaper. i am going to the micro center in orange county and noticed that they do open box motherbord deals. is it worth the risk of buying one and bringing it back to the uk? i am taking a power supply out there to test all components.

Almost all USED pc components are ok as long as they are in good physical condition(Except PSU's)

My life

how much are you saving?

if its >15%, id do it. i dont think you get warranty or returns with open box. but if you bought a motherboard (new) from the US, you can RMA it from the UK (to the manufcturer, not the retailer)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

how much are you saving?

if its >15%, id do it. i dont think you get warranty or returns with open box. but if you bought a motherboard (new) from the US, you can RMA it from the UK (to the manufcturer, not the retailer)

oh thats cool if return policy still applies over seas. the discount is 50 dollars or 25% of (orignal price: 200$ discount price: 150$)

Just now, VivashTech said:

oh thats cool if return policy still applies over seas. the discount is 50 dollars or 25% of (orignal price: 200$ discount price: 150$)

what motherboard? sounds like a good deal

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

what motherboard? sounds like a good deal

It's the ASRock Extreme4 x99 for a hackintosh build 

5 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

I am going to the us on holiday and am buying parts for a system there as it is a lot cheaper. i am going to the micro center in orange county and noticed that they do open box motherbord deals. is it worth the risk of buying one and bringing it back to the uk? i am taking a power supply out there to test all components.

totally fine, I buy open box when ever possible. Great price and brand new product. Usually has very light use, customer turns it within 30 days or less depending on return policy. 

Microcenter open box is great, but keep in mind that you don't get their mobo CPU combo deal for 30 dollars off if you do so.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

1 minute ago, YedZed said:

Microcenter open box is great, but keep in mind that you don't get their mobo CPU combo deal for 30 dollars off if you do so.

oh really so its only like 20$ saving to go with open box over new is that worth it? are the rma policies the same for both motherbords?

Just now, VivashTech said:

oh really so its only like 20$ saving to go with open box over new is that worth it? are the rma policies the same for both motherbords?

If you are planning on getting a compatible CPU, get a non open box mobo if it costs within 30 bucks. Then you snag the 30 buck off.

If you don't get the CPU there, then go with open box, cuz you won't get the deal anyway. But their CPU prices are usually godlike, so yeah.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

2 minutes ago, YedZed said:

If you are planning on getting a compatible CPU, get a non open box mobo if it costs within 30 bucks. Then you snag the 30 buck off.

If you don't get the CPU there, then go with open box, cuz you won't get the deal anyway. But their CPU prices are usually godlike, so yeah.

yeah i know like 300$ i7 5820k is a no brainer imo