What's the best PC I can build for £900?

Abe_R

I've already put a fair bit of time into my first build project and am almost on the point of finalising ready to buy but I thought I'd ask this open question to see what is the best gaming PC possible for the same price as what mine would be worth.

The SSDs on mine were free and I can see how had they not been I could have used their cost more efficiently but besides that, I don't think I can get much more performance out of my price but I'd like to see what you guys think.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bRRTf8

You got the SSDs correct? And that's good I would just add a 1tb hdd in the future

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

You got the SSDs correct? And that's good I would just add a 1tb hdd in the future

Yup they're the first and only of my parts so far that I physically have in my room ready for the build. I was considering riding it out on the 500gb I have then buying another 500gb+ SSD if one goes on sale within a year. If not then I'll be sure to look at hdd as an option.

Just now, notifications said:

not  the best build for 900 USD even IMO

Any suggestions on what I can swap out and what with? Most parts here are by no means set in stone so all possible improvements are welcome

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

No room for future upgrades 

2 minutes ago, notifications said:

so u trying to run 2 ssds in raid or what

No he has the two SSDS with him and that's his first storage plans

8 minutes ago, Abe_R said:

Any suggestions on what I can swap out and what with? Most parts here are by no means set in stone so all possible improvements are welcome

You could go used but you may have to wait a while to get a good deal

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

thats a good build imo i would look at some of the bitfenix budget pc case. rest of the system is golden mate. im going to the us soon and buying parts out there for 700£ im building a system with the 5820k x99 high end motherboard 16gb ddr4 ram and £200 custom water loop its crazy (i already have ssd and power supply and case) but even so i could easily add a 1060 6gb like ur using for ur build for the equivelant £200 in the us. Sorry for saying all that lol urs is a great build with loads of future proofing yeah good luck

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

No room for future upgrades 

But ddr4 3000

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

But ddr4 3000

mate dont listen to him there is loads of room for upgrades in processor on the amd lineup and gpu side of things the only thing im thinking is that u should go for a 2x8gb ddr4 ram rather than 4x4 as it leaves u enough for an extra 16gb i think its worth sacrificing quad channel memory in my opinion for that.

2 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

thats a good build imo i would look at some of the bitfenix budget pc case. rest of the system is golden mate. im going to the us soon and buying parts out there for 700£ im building a system with the 5820k x99 high end motherboard 16gb ddr4 ram and £200 custom water loop its crazy (i already have ssd and power supply and case) but even so i could easily add a 1060 6gb like ur using for ur build for the equivelant £200 in the us. Sorry for saying all that lol urs is a great build with loads of future proofing yeah good luck

Thanks a lot man, future proofing was one of the most attractive things I took away from all the comments telling me to go with Ryzen! Your build sounds really cool, think it'll be a long while before I dare to start dabbling in water cooling haha

Just now, Abe_R said:

Your build sounds really cool, think it'll be a long while before I dare to start dabbling in water cooling haha

Go AIO if you're gonna go WaterCooling soon, I personally like AIO coolers, as it doesn't take that long to set it up. But a CUSTOM watercooling loop. That is a different story, lmao

5 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

5820k x99 high end motherboard 16gb ddr4 ram

Really now that ryzen is a thing.

2 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

mate dont listen to him there is loads of room for upgrades in processor on the amd lineup and gpu side of things the only thing im thinking is that u should go for a 2x8gb ddr4 ram rather than 4x4 as it leaves u enough for an extra 16gb i think its worth sacrificing quad channel memory in my opinion for that.

Ryzens infinity fabric requires really FAST ram.You could get a sizeable performance increase if you use a fast RAM

My life

5 minutes ago, Abe_R said:

Thanks a lot man, future proofing was one of the most attractive things I took away from all the comments telling me to go with Ryzen! Your build sounds really cool, think it'll be a long while before I dare to start dabbling in water cooling haha

haha yeah mate i wouldnt let it scare you though im only 15 ive been researching for about 3 years now its a cool thing to do and judging by ur knowledge in picking out the build that u have done take it up as a thing on the side and u never know u might pick it up easily anyway glad i could help enjoy ur system

12 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Really now that ryzen is a thing.

Ryzens infinity fabric requires really FAST ram.You could get a sizeable performance increase if you use a fast RAM

You've given me something important to consider which is great because I want to know I'm getting the best value I can. Is the MSI mobo a substantially more future proof option than the ASRock in my build?

4 minutes ago, Abe_R said:

You've given me something important to consider which is great because I want to know I'm getting the best value I can. Is the MSI mobo a substantially more future proof option than the ASRock in my build?

Imo you have gone with a sensible motherboard choice and will be good for overclocking and do well with whatever processor you through at it however if you want the best motherboard on x370 this is not it, it will do a very good job but is not the best. The fast ram thing i mean dw u have 3000mhz ram on ur build list thats fine

58 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

Imo you have gone with a sensible motherboard choice and will be good for overclocking and do well with whatever processor you through at it however if you want the best motherboard on x370 this is not it, it will do a very good job but is not the best. The fast ram thing i mean dw u have 3000mhz ram on ur build list thats fine

Price is a thing you have to consider

My life