RX 480/580 prices WHAT?!

9 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

Literally nobody mine here

If that is the case, with so much stock in your country, you should buy as many as possible and then raise the price to sell on ebay or some other channel to EU or even US. Within a few months, you should be able to have a hefty profit. :P

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

14 hours ago, H0R53 said:

I hope to fucking Hell the next nVidia drivers and the next AMD drivers do so - nVidia can block SLI on driver level so they can block mining.

It won't kill the economy, but it'll definitely hurt it.

Cryptomiming is a heavily compute bound task. As such, without neutering compute capability, singling out mining will not be possible as software can be easily altered or rewritten.

Neutering compute capability will sure as hell piss off a lot more communities than just a bunch of miners, so that won't come to pass either. 

As for the government regulating Cryptocurrency, given the intangible nature of it, I would like to see them try and inevitably fail. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

15 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I don't think GPU prices being artificially inflated will kill the economy, however GPU makers will have to block mining on gaming level cards through hardware or drivers, I'm sure it can be done. 

15 hours ago, H0R53 said:

Because it can't be formally regulated, that's why. When the economy hits the floor because of this GPU price thing (just like the housing market in '08), governments are gonna step in and ban cryptocurrencies.

It'll all be worthless when Trump nukes the hell outta everything anyway.

Neither can be done. Mining is compute based, I hope you arent suggesting for them to block all compute tasks? Nor can Crypto really be regulated or banned, that the very point of its existence, to be a decentralised currency so the Govt can not control it. Transactions are made though the system itself, no bank or regulatory authority can block it, nothing for them to destroy either.  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

4 hours ago, VolkA said:

If that is the case, with so much stock in your country, you should buy as many as possible and then raise the price to sell on ebay or some other channel to EU or even US. Within a few months, you should be able to have a hefty profit. :P

I might do just that in the next mining craze. Seems like its a bit late now

3 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

I might do just that in the next mining craze. Seems like its a bit late now

Not sure if it's too late now but it's actually kind of good business. My friend actually does it a few years back with r9 290x (I think) and the profit was enough for him to get a whole new setup (PC, monitor, table and a lot more)... Should have followed him then.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Just now, VolkA said:

Not sure if it's too late now but it's actually kind of good business. My friend actually does it a few years back with r9 290x (I think) and the profit was enough for him to get a whole new setup (PC, monitor, table and a lot more)... Should have followed him then.

Well at least that's what i read from these mining expert in this thread