Fasttrack on OpenWRT

3 hours ago, TheCynicalCris said:

Hi everyone,

is there any way to enable fasttrack (like on MikroTik https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Fasttrack) or something similar on OpenWRT?

Thanks!

Not sure I have seen the term FastTrack before, is this the same as IPFastForward?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 hour ago, Falconevo said:

Not sure I have seen the term FastTrack before, is this the same as IPFastForward?

FastPass and FastTrack are Mikrotik terms, I'm not sure if other people (including the openWRT and DDWRT) have equivalents. FastPass means bypassing every feature that isn't essential, it only gets enabled if your configuration is sufficiently simple (basically if you are doing pure routing or bridging). FastTrack means FastPass but also with connection TRACKing, it allows you to use the iptables-based firewall and NAT, but still skips just about everything else, including their walled garden (Hotspot) and QOS (Queues) functionality. Having FastPass and FastTrack allows the router to handle up to 5 times as much data throughput with the same CPU load. 

I haven't seen anything like FastTrack in the DDWRT routers I've used, even ones with fairly recent versions of DDWRT. I've never used openWRT.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

On 21.06.2017 at 4:51 PM, brwainer said:

FastPass and FastTrack are Mikrotik terms, I'm not sure if other people (including the openWRT and DDWRT) have equivalents. FastPass means bypassing every feature that isn't essential, it only gets enabled if your configuration is sufficiently simple (basically if you are doing pure routing or bridging). FastTrack means FastPass but also with connection TRACKing, it allows you to use the iptables-based firewall and NAT, but still skips just about everything else, including their walled garden (Hotspot) and QOS (Queues) functionality. Having FastPass and FastTrack allows the router to handle up to 5 times as much data throughput with the same CPU load. 

I haven't seen anything like FastTrack in the DDWRT routers I've used, even ones with fairly recent versions of DDWRT. I've never used openWRT.

Thank you so much =). Guess I'll have to put away my OpenWRT router and invest in a Mikrotik router.

OBR CTM S.A.