Dell's new Ryzen AIO a good deal? Or build a similarly specced PC?

Shoud I wait for the upcoming Dell Inspiron AIO or Build a new PC, similarly specced?

My budget is around $1000 including the Monitor and other peripherals, and Windows 10

The base model dell has the following:

Ryzen 5 1400

RX 560

8 GB DDR4 2400

1 TB HDD

128 GB SATA SSD (+$50 from base model which has only HDD)

A Dell wireless mouse/keyboard combo is included in this price.

The Total price is coming to $1050

The PC Speced is as follows: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xvs3Gf

This PC would be used for image editing in Photoshop/Lightroom. Thus colour accuracy is key. The AIO is using the infinite edge display, which has great sRGB colour reprodution. Thus I chose a similar 27 inch monitor with great sRGB colour reproduction (I shoot in sRGB, and do not care about adobe RGB reproduction). Aesthetics is important too, as any of this will be sitting in a Designer's studio. Thus I want to avoid any side panels on my case and show off the parts as they will not match the interiors.

These software do utilize multiple cores, but my current workflow does not need much more than 4 (I know this from personal exp. I am currently using an i5 laptop, which has been more than enough. But my bro is moving to college and giving that away to him.) The only gaming I may do is some light LoL or Smite along with some other free to play games (during my breaks and all)

I would like to know your opinion on the same. Should I build a PC or go with the AIO

Not too bad, except that VS PSUs aren't very good, and you'd want to replace that ASAP. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Not too bad, except that VS PSUs aren't very good, and you'd want to replace that ASAP. 

Lets just assume I replace the PSU with an EVGA one. But how do you think such a build stacks up to an AIO?

2 minutes ago, EshanKumar said:

Lets just assume I replace the PSU with an EVGA one. But how do you think such a build stacks up to an AIO?

All in ones can't really be upgraded, AFAIK. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

All in ones can't really be upgraded, AFAIK. 

This Dell Ryzen AIO's Ram, CPU and HDD can be upgraded. Only the Graphics card can not. But that does not matter as it will not be used for gaming. As RYZEN does not have an iGPU, there is a graphics card present. And this not being a personal rig and a office PC (I had mentioned, this will be setup in a designer's office) will not be upgraded for atleast 2-3 years, when it may be completlely replaced or handed down to the receptionist/accountant. I wouldn't be overclocking the personal rig either as stability is CRUCIAL for me as my work directly impacts the designer's public image and even a minor unexpected shutdown could result in hours of work being lost (Yes, i spend around 1.5-2 hours tweaking and editing each of the shortlisted images and make them ready for publication)

8 minutes ago, EshanKumar said:

This Dell Ryzen AIO's Ram, CPU and HDD can be upgraded. Only the Graphics card can not. But that does not matter as it will not be used for gaming. As RYZEN does not have an iGPU, there is a graphics card present. And this not being a personal rig and a office PC (I had mentioned, this will be setup in a designer's office) will not be upgraded for atleast 2-3 years, when it may be completlely replaced or handed down to the receptionist/accountant. I wouldn't be overclocking the personal rig either as stability is CRUCIAL for me as my work directly impacts the designer's public image and even a minor unexpected shutdown could result in hours of work being lost (Yes, i spend around 1.5-2 hours tweaking and editing each of the shortlisted images and make them ready for publication)

If it's just going to be used like an iMac, and replaced once it's outdated, you should be fine. 

Main PC