Ryzen 4X4

Hey guys , so ill be building a PC soon and my main question is if will I be able to run 4X4 (Corsair Vengance 3000Mhz), on the B350 MSI Tomahawk?7

This is kinda what im thinking on buying : 

CPU- R5 1600

GPU- GTX 1060 6GT

MOBO- MSI B350 Tomahawk

RAM- the doubt

PSU- Corsair CX550M

Case- NZXT s340 elite

HDD- 1TB WD blue

SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

Note: There is no possibility to get 2X8... if you want me to explain why I will but just bare that in mind.

Thx alot, cheers guys.

7 minutes ago, Lock It said:

Hey guys , so ill be building a PC soon and my main question is if will I be able to run 4X4 (Corsair Vengance 3000Mhz), on the B350 MSI Tomahawk?7

This is kinda what im thinking on buying : 

CPU- R5 1600

GPU- GTX 1060 6GT

MOBO- MSI B350 Tomahawk

RAM- the doubt

PSU- Corsair CX550M

Case- NZXT s340 elite

HDD- 1TB WD blue

SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250gb

Note: There is no possibility to get 2X8... if you want me to explain why I will but just bare that in mind.

Thx alot, cheers guys.

Well yeah, you could....but it is possible to run it in 2×8.....its better for future expansion 

Ryzen has problems running 4 sticks at decent speeds, that is the only issue I foresee

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Ryzen has problems running 4 sticks at decent speeds, that is the only issue I foresee

Yeah I also knew that , its like 2666 max or something right? Because Im ok at it running at those speeds and maybe in some months they fix it, or they might even not fix it, im still ok with that really. I really need to know if it had compatibility issues or not .

Thx

2 minutes ago, Lock It said:

Yeah I also knew that , its like 2666 max or something right? Because Im ok at it running at those speeds and maybe in some months they fix it, or they might even not fix it, im still ok with that really. I really need to know if it had compatibility issues or not .

Thx

21 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Well yeah, you could....but it is possible to run it in 2×8.....its better for future expansion 

I know, but unfortunantly thats not an option... and I really dont mind upgrading every year the GPU etc, because I can work for it. Same goes for RAM etc. 

Once I feel like 16gb are not enough ill buy a new kit, no problems really, the upgradability its not an issue for me.

Thx

2 minutes ago, Lock It said:

Thx

Well running 4 sticks has twice the chance of compatibility issues at the moment, things are much better with Agesa 1006 bios's which are beta at the moment 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Lol but you still haven't explain why you can't run 2×8

Oh right, so with my budget I wont be able to get 16gb out the start, only 8 and Later (2-3Months) Ill be able to buy more. Now you ll say, but you can wait for it its worth, the thing is if I wait all the money will go away to pay bills etc.

1 minute ago, Lock It said:

I know, but unfortunantly thats not an option... and I really dont mind upgrading every year the GPU etc, because I can work for it. Same goes for RAM etc. 

Once I feel like 16gb are not enough ill buy a new kit, no problems really, the upgradability its not an issue for me.

Thx

Well that explains it. I think Corsair release Vengeance LPX certified for Ryzen.... so i think it'll compatible with 3000MHz out of the box

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Well running 4 sticks has twice the chance of compatibility issues at the moment, things are much better with Agesa 1006 bios's which are beta at the moment 

Yeah, Im buuying the pc in 1 month +-

10 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I just updated the BIOS on my Asrock Fatailty Pro with Agesa 1006, and it nerfed my ability to hit 2666. I'm stuck at 2133 with 4 sticks. :(

1 hour ago, docbaily said:

I just updated the BIOS on my Asrock Fatailty Pro with Agesa 1006, and it nerfed my ability to hit 2666. I'm stuck at 2133 with 4 sticks. :(

Which ones are you running?

i've been trying to get more info on running 4 sticks but it's scarse if there's any at all. Consensus right now is that a 2x8 3000-3200 lowest cas u can afford works the best.

6 hours ago, Lock It said:

Which ones are you running?

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200; 4 8GB dimms. I wanted more memory for virtualization. 

10 hours ago, docbaily said:

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200; 4 8GB dimms. I wanted more memory for virtualization. 

Well thats odd, it should at least perform at 2666, have you tried to OC it, or maybe re install the update? Maybe something was corrupted, cant really tell... 

Sorry for not being able to help, thought if you manage to get better speeds PM please!

Thx alot

11 hours ago, Lock It said:

Well thats odd, it should at least perform at 2666, have you tried to OC it, or maybe re install the update? Maybe something was corrupted, cant really tell... 

Sorry for not being able to help, thought if you manage to get better speeds PM please!

Thx alot

Ok so I got it back up to 2666. I re-installed the update and was able to instantly go up to 2666. Then I tried going up to 3200 but that didn't work. So I went back down to 2666 and that didn't work again. It was weird. I reset all of the settings and then I could hit 2666. It's almost like if it fails once on a different speed it just fails on anything else until you reset back to defaults.

1 minute ago, docbaily said:

Ok so I got it back up to 2666. I re-installed the update and was able to instantly go up to 2666. Then I tried going up to 3200 but that didn't work. So I went back down to 2666 and that didn't work again. It was weird. I reset all of the settings and then I could hit 2666. It's almost like if it fails once on a different speed it just fails on anything else until you reset back to defaults.

Yeah its odd, but by now 4 dimms at that speed isnt that bad I think so

Just now, Lock It said:

Yeah its odd, but by now 4 dimms at that speed isnt that bad I think so

Btw sry for being "noob" when it comes to ram, when you say it didnt work what do you mean by that ?

Thx

3 hours ago, Lock It said:

Btw sry for being "noob" when it comes to ram, when you say it didnt work what do you mean by that ?

Thx

Didn't work as in it just bumped the speeds back down to the default 2133mhz. In the BIOS it's set up to attempt the overclocked ram profile 3 times. If it fails 3 times on the 4th boot it will back down to 2133mhz which is the default speed that the ram is guaranteed to run at.

Not sure if msi is different but I am having issues getting the Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 3000 past 2133 on my ASRock ab350 

Check msi website and see if they have a ram compatibility chart for the board you are looking to buy with speeds listed.

3 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

Not sure if msi is different but I am having issues getting the Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 3000 past 2133 on my ASRock ab350 

Check msi website and see if they have a ram compatibility chart for the board you are looking to buy with speeds listed.

They don't work on an asrock board? Do you have the latest bios with the agesa 1.0.06 update. Asrock is one of the few with the most ram stability right now.

8 hours ago, docbaily said:

Didn't work as in it just bumped the speeds back down to the default 2133mhz. In the BIOS it's set up to attempt the overclocked ram profile 3 times. If it fails 3 times on the 4th boot it will back down to 2133mhz which is the default speed that the ram is guaranteed to run at.

Oh, Alright, and after you failed to get it up to 3200Mhz you had to reset the hole thing? But yeah I got it

7 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

Hey one question thought, when it says "Size" is it the total size or the size of 1 stick?https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PRO-CARBON.html#support-mem-2

10 hours ago, cymbalist said:

They don't work on an asrock board? Do you have the latest bios with the agesa 1.0.06 update. Asrock is one of the few with the most ram stability right now.

Yes I have the latest update, but if you check the ram compatibility on the website with my board it lists the 3000mhz 8gb sticks but not the 4 gb sticks.  I believe it has to do with the memory dies used in the production of that specific line

6 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

Yes I have the latest update, but if you check the ram compatibility on the website with my board it lists the 3000mhz 8gb sticks but not the 4 gb sticks.  I believe it has to do with the memory dies used in the production of that specific line

yeah must be, jsut surprised as asrock supports samsung and hynix dies and quite a few of them too, prolly not gonna take too long before they are added tho.