Epson XP-235 Has No IP Address?

Crowes

I have an XP-235 (Home Expression?) printer. I have just ran the software from Epson's website for this model, it ran and reported that everything, including the port, was set up properly. When I print the info/test page, the IP address setting says "None." I have checked Epson's support, and they have suggestions should the IP address be "0.0.0.0" or something random (not like 192.168.0.3 or something), but not if it just says "None."

I am trying to set it up with Epson Connect, because Google Cloud Print requires my PC to be turned on for everyone else to use it. Either service requires the printer to be connected to the router itself (not via a PC), but I can't even get to the printer web setup because it requires an IP address to point to the set .html file.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I think you need to connect the printer to WiFi before it gets any IP.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

5 minutes ago, Crowes said:

=

You have to connect your printer to the wifi or internet that the rest of your gear is using. You can connect via wifi on the printer itself in settings.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

You have to connect your printer to the wifi or internet that the rest of your gear is using. You can connect via wifi on the printer itself in settings.

The settings program for the driver (Properties window of the software opened from tray) has no online connectivity options.

Psq12Dy.png

OSETBnT.png

trxIjiC.png

m3BAbcG.png

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Just now, Crowes said:

Shit sorry im a dummy lol. I mean physically on your printer itself. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

Shit sorry im a dummy lol. I mean physically on your printer itself. 

Well, the printer has no screen, so I'm assuming the labelled "Wi-Fi" button is the WPS button. I've pressed that, the WiFi LED flashed orange/green intermittently. Then I pressed WPS on my router. Left it for a minute or two; nothing happened.

I'm lost..

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Well, the printer has no screen, so I'm assuming the labelled "Wi-Fi" button is the WPS button. I've pressed that, the WiFi LED flashed orange/green intermittently. Then I pressed WPS on my router. Left it for a minute or two; nothing happened.

I'm lost..

What. It doesn't have a screen? Hmmmmmmm hold up then.

6 minutes ago, Crowes said:

try setting up again according to this video it should be done while start up is doing it's thing.

Followed it through, got to this...

sYOfK9h.png

Found the software from your video @Ramamataz..

ZRh3e2o.png

Chose,

> "change the way your computer connects to the printer"

> [Installs missing drivers]

> WiFi

> Printer and computer

> [Auto wifi setup happens]

http://i.imgur.com/leBM1kw.png

The Epson Print software hasn't opened for about 5/6 minutes.

I even tried setting the port myself, setting it to 192.168.0.02.

Stuck on this..

I4wQkL4.png

EDIT: 

82juiS4.png