Need help selecting ram for 7700k z270?

I need help selecting ram for my upcoming 7700k / z270 build, I haven't bought ram in a while and have no idea where to start for the current generation.

I want to get 32gb, don't intend to do any heavy OC and LED bling is unessential but I don't mind it.

6 minutes ago, z0rp said:

I need help selecting ram for my upcoming 7700k / z270 build, I haven't bought ram in a while and have no idea where to start for the current generation.

I want to get 32gb, don't intend to do any heavy OC and LED bling is unessential but I don't mind it.

Hi! One shall keep of this simple for better understanding.

Right, well. All Z270 motherboard use of DDR4 as basis. With all Z270 motherboards supporting probably over 32gb of RAM.

Furthermore, this is a generic support list of the different RAM speeds possible when using a Z270 motherboard & an Intel 7th Gen processor:

3800Mhz

3600Mhz

3200Mhz

3000Mhz

2800Mhz

2600Mhz

2400Mhz

2133Mhz

If you do not have desire to do any overclocking for the current time then something along the lines of an MSI Z270 Gaming Pro will server you fine.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

This is the cheapest 32GB 4 x 8GB kit that's 3000MHz+: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nZfmP6/gskill-memory-f43000c15q32gvrb

This is the cheapest 2 x 16GB (I can recommend it as I have a similar 16GB kit myself) but it's quite a bit more than the 4x8 one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kL98TW/corsair-vengeance-led-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmu32gx4m2c3000c15

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Thanks for the replies,

5 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

If you do not have desire to do any overclocking for the current time then something along the lines of an MSI Z270 Gaming Pro will server you fine.

Interesting that you mention MSI, I watched a review of their M7 mobo which showed the preset OCs - I'm thinking that way I can get a bit extra out of my hardware without having to spend a lot of time tweaking.

@Morgan MLGman Those look good. What's the benefit of going 2x16gb over 4x8gb, ability to add another 32gb later?

9 hours ago, z0rp said:

@Morgan MLGman Those look good. What's the benefit of going 2x16gb over 4x8gb, ability to add another 32gb later?

Precisely, you'll be able to upgrade just in case so in theory, it's a better choice :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White