Best compact camera...

Maybe tighten up the criteria a little bit? Like budget, image quality, what kind of photos you'd be shooting and such?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Maybe tighten up the criteria a little bit? Like budget, image quality, what kind of photos you'd be shooting and such?

I would have it is was for me... but it's for my girlfriend... She doesn't really know what she wants... D:

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

eos M would be my recomendation for the compact filmmaker. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm currently using this

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_230_hs_review/

and I think it's really good for the price. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

As there is no budget, I would get the Leica M http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/893170-USA/Leica_10770_M_Digital_Camera_Black.html

Seriously, find out what your gf wants and how much she wants to spend. Does she need a camera that is waterproof and drop proof? Or something good that is really small and will fit in her purse? Let us know and maybe there will be more reply.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

As there is no budget, I would get the Leica M http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/893170-USA/Leica_10770_M_Digital_Camera_Black.html

Seriously, find out what your gf wants and how much she wants to spend. Does she need a camera that is waterproof and drop proof? Or something good that is really small and will fit in her purse? Let us know and maybe there will be more reply.

if you're spending so much on a leica M you're better off getting a nicer DSLR

if you're spending so much on a leica M you're better off getting a nicer DSLR

:D  I don't have the Leica M and I don't think I could ever afford one  :) I was just bugging the OP as he didn't post a budget. I do have a Nikon D300 and a bunch of glass to put in front of it though.  Also a few film cameras that I like to shoot once in awhile.  

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

:D  I don't have the Leica M and I don't think I could ever afford one  :) I was just bugging the OP as he didn't post a budget. I do have a Nikon D300 and a bunch of glass to put in front of it though.  Also a few film cameras that I like to shoot once in awhile.  

I have a Nikon 3100... That was under a budget...  But She seems happy with the suggestion of the Sony @chicksoup said :)

Agreed though it is annoying to not add a budget... but she really didn't tell me one D: I was like come on and she was like no... xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?