peripherals lose power???

Go to solution Solved by FireofDestruction,
2 hours ago, IntelBeastboy said:

No, I'm saying the board should be fine, RMA it to see if it's that if not go back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Missed the part where you mentioned your board. so never mind about the Ai Suite. that's for Asus boards. Anyway in that utility, there is a option where you can disable power to USB ports or make it sleep when device is not in use.

after updating bios and waiting a bit to see if the problem had disappeared it seems to have gone as i've been watching yt while gaming  must've been the bios update ty

I'll describe this the best I can so here goes, Not sure at what point this issue started occurring but randomly my keyboard,mouse, and headset will all just disconnect making that usual windows sound when you unplug something and plug it back in. This occurs while watching youtube which causes the video to freeze and often restarts another ad being played before resuming the video or playing any game no matter how how much the cpu or gpus are being stressed. I've tried going through device manager and updating said drivers (mouse,keyboard headset) and obtaining all the updates from corsair and Logitech to no avail, changing the USB port on the MB and case nope still doing it  IDK whats wrong any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and will be tried

Could your motherboard header be damaged / loose?

Damaged IO area?

5 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Damaged IO area?

possibly? although my signature is outdated as i no longer have a 4770k its now a 6800k and a different board that I've had since march ish which is the x99 gigabyte designaire board could this be a motherboard issue do you think?

2 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

possibly? although my signature is outdated as i no longer have a 4770k its now a 6800k and a different board that I've had since march ish which is the x99 gigabyte designaire board could this be a motherboard issue do you think?

Shouldn't they are good boards.

17 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Damaged IO area?

7 minutes ago, IntelBeastboy said:

Shouldn't they are good boards.

its not like i dropped the board or something like one candian I know

1 minute ago, FireofDestruction said:

its not like i dropped the board or something like one candian I know

No, I'm saying the board should be fine, RMA it to see if it's that if not go back to the drawing board.

Update motherboard bios, check Ai Suite, it's a possibility USB savings mode is on.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 minutes ago, IntelBeastboy said:

not something I wish to do but if i have to well shit

9 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Update motherboard bios, check Ai Suite, it's a possibility USB savings mode is on.

will try this the bios but not sure what Ai suite is?

3 minutes ago, FireofDestruction said:

not something I wish to do but if i have to well shit

will try this the bios but not sure what Ai suite is?

Missed the part where you mentioned your board. so never mind about the Ai Suite. that's for Asus boards. Anyway in that utility, there is a option where you can disable power to USB ports or make it sleep when device is not in use.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, IntelBeastboy said:

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

after updating bios and waiting a bit to see if the problem had disappeared it seems to have gone as i've been watching yt while gaming  must've been the bios update ty