HD video capture

hello everyone,

so i am trying to capture video from my canon rebel t2i to my computer

the reason is that i need to record longer than 12 minuets and the t2i only records up to 12 minuets

so i connected the camera via USB to my computer and launched eos utility and started recoring with OBS

worked fine, but the USB cable is a bottleneck and i need to keep the HD video quality, 

i dont really have the money to get a capture card (like the elgato's or something similar) and live in australia so everything is more expensive

anyone have any suggestions of how to get HD through to OBS without a capture card

thanks in advance, 

Try magic lantern, perhaps it can solve some of your problems.

ps. why do you need to record over 12 minutes? Can't you just stop and restart the recording than combine them in post? Can''t think of a reason you'd need to record for over 12 minutes straight without a cut.

i can definetly do the post, but its never exactly 12 minuets, its varies between 11 minuets and 13 minuets, and during a podcast style video having the camera stop recording suddently during a dicussion is incredibly annoying and frustrating.

i will be sure to look at magic lanturn, thankyou :)

okay, i had a look at magic lanturn, this still does not solve the issue of being able to output to a computer at fullHD video 

thankyou for the suggestion 

i will probably install magic lanturn anyway, looks like some fantastic software.

Not possible without a capture card

Yea I didn't think so

But still wanted to check

Thanks anyway :)