Is it bad to leave a phone on Wireless Charging Pad all night?

**Overnight cell phone Wireless Charging**

I've always plugged in the provided cable and left my cell phone charging overnight. But are there any disadvantages to overnight Wireless Charging?

I know a wireless charging pad can be slower, which is fine because I would use it overnight. But what about Heat or Decreased Battery Life? 

I just got a LG G6 and it's only disadvantage is the battery cannot be removed and replaced. So I'm slightly concerned about wearing out my battery too soon. If wireless charging is no more of a problem than the good old fashion USB power cord then I won't worry about it. 

Have you used a Wireless Charging Pad for your phone? And if so what are the pros and cons you have experienced?

It'll heat up more than wired charging, but honestly if you have a newer phone/charger it shouldn't be an issue. They don't heat up as much and they charge about as fast as wired now. Do know that wireless charging is less efficient (and thus uses more energy) than wired charging, so other than reducing wear and tear on the port I don't really see much advantage to charging it wirelessly overnight.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

17 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

It'll heat up more than wired charging, but honestly if you have a newer phone/charger it shouldn't be an issue. They don't heat up as much and they charge about as fast as wired now. Do know that wireless charging is less efficient (and thus uses more energy) than wired charging, so other than reducing wear and tear on the port I don't really see much advantage to charging it wirelessly overnight.

At the end, the port on my LG G4 was iffy at best when making a secure connection for charging or data transfer. And of course after 2 years the battery on the LG G4 drained a lot faster and took longer to charge. Granted I could have replaced the battery but I was getting ready to buy a new phone. Now my concern is that the new LG G6 does not have a removable battery. So I'm trying to be proactive, taking care of the new phone and battery.

Its always bad to leave any battery at full charge. It drastically reduces the life span. So if the top charge is 4.20V then its best to charge at 4.10V

19 minutes ago, yathis said:

Its always bad to leave any battery at full charge. It drastically reduces the life span. So if the top charge is 4.20V then its best to charge at 4.10V

Most charging circuits are smart enough to stop charging the battery after a certain point to account for the fact many people leave their devices plugged in. So this is kind of a moot point to worry about.

3 hours ago, CmHall9 said:

At the end, the port on my LG G4 was iffy at best when making a secure connection for charging or data transfer. And of course after 2 years the battery on the LG G4 drained a lot faster and took longer to charge. Granted I could have replaced the battery but I was getting ready to buy a new phone. Now my concern is that the new LG G6 does not have a removable battery. So I'm trying to be proactive, taking care of the new phone and battery.

It depends on how you used the phone (warmer phone = faster wear on the battery) and how low you let the battery go down before recharging (more depth of discharge = faster wear on the battery).

I've had G4 since December 2015 and it can still last practically all day.

15 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Most charging circuits are smart enough

Ah.........just.................like......................................................Samsung

I'm now impressed with the LG G6 phone and battery. I'm 33 hours into its current charge and the phone is at 36%. I have all but a couple of the same apps from the previous phone, and I still use it as much as I did with my past phones. I even watched several YouTube videos on it and used the phone as a Hotspot for a couple hours last night.