Dell optiplex 3020 MT Upgrade plan.

1 hour ago, Joshua1799 said:

What according to you will be a nice cheap price for gtx 960 4gb

Hi mate. U.K here.

Me as a PC builder that needs to make something on top I wouldn't pay more than £60 for the 2gb variant and no more than £70 for the 4GB variant of GTX 960. But you building this for yourself you can add another £10-£15 to those prices. BTW that 960 won't end up like that, I strongly think that it will reach £90 mark + postage.

So, I build PCs on a regular basis. I have build as well in the DELL MT by changing power supply and adding a gaming GPU. In the pictures is not 3020 MT but the size is quite similar.

So far I had installed GTX 750Ti and GTX 770 (Gigabyte Windforce 3X edition). For 770 I had to remove the HDD cage in order to fit (not an easy job). Happily the motherboards had normal motherboard power connector but in your case I would be extra careful as I do not know how power delivery is done to PCI-E slot through that 8 PIN proprietary connector.

Not an easy job but doable. Good luck and easy building ;). Cheers.

750s.jpg

770s.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

1 hour ago, r3loAded said:

Hi mate. U.K here.

Me as a PC builder that needs to make something on top I wouldn't pay more than £60 for the 2gb variant and no more than £70 for the 4GB variant of GTX 960. But you building this for yourself you can add another £10-£15 to those prices. BTW that 960 won't end up like that, I strongly think that it will reach £90 mark + postage.

So, I build PCs on a regular basis. I have build as well in the DELL MT by changing power supply and adding a gaming GPU. In the pictures is not 3020 MT but the size is quite similar.

So far I had installed GTX 750Ti and GTX 770 (Gigabyte Windforce 3X edition). For 770 I had to remove the HDD cage in order to fit (not an easy job). Happily the motherboards had normal motherboard power connector but in your case I would be extra careful as I do not know how power delivery is done to PCI-E slot through that 8 PIN proprietary connector.

Not an easy job but doable. Good luck and easy building ;). Cheers.

750s.jpg

770s.jpg

Wow thats amazing!

How much did you pay for the gtx 750 ti and where did u buy it?

And were you able to run the gpu with just dell psu?

What wattage is your power supply?

My powersupply doesnt have a 8 pin power connecter or molex connectors which is why changing power supply will be best option

7 minutes ago, Joshua1799 said:

How much did you pay for the gtx 750 ti and where did u buy it?

And were you able to run the gpu with just dell psu?

What wattage is your power supply?

Can't tell you exactly how much I paid as I bought a full PC for £70 (i3-4160, GTX 750Ti, 8gb ram, 1tb HDD, Asus B85 mobo, Corsair CX500M (green one) PSU and mATX bitfeninx prodigy case)

The PSU on that DELL was a 300W Bronze rated (DELL OEM) and it ran perfectly. But that with GTX 750Ti. For the 770 it's a different story.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

On 6/16/2017 at 11:14 AM, r3loAded said:

Can't tell you exactly how much I paid as I bought a full PC for £70 (i3-4160, GTX 750Ti, 8gb ram, 1tb HDD, Asus B85 mobo, Corsair CX500M (green one) PSU and mATX bitfeninx prodigy case)

The PSU on that DELL was a 300W Bronze rated (DELL OEM) and it ran perfectly. But that with GTX 750Ti. For the 770 it's a different story.

Quite lucky you are to get the whole pc for 70