Phanteks Evolv TG Fan Hub

unleashedtails

So I just got this case and connected the fan hub with the asus z270e motherboard, a 4 pin PWM to the chasis fan controller (4 pin PWM). Yet when I set the fans to turn off if cpu is under a certain temperature, it doesn't do that. It is also not controllable in the AI suite 3, only in the bios. So am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

1 minute ago, unleashedtails said:

So I just got this case and connected the fan hub with the asus z270e motherboard, a 4 pin PWM to the chasis fan controller (4 pin PWM). Yet when I set the fans to turn off if cpu is under a certain temperature, it doesn't do that. It is also not controllable in the AI suite 3, only in the bios. So am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Are you fans PWM?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

Are you fans PWM?

They are all originals from phanteks that are already plugged in so I would assume so.

Just now, unleashedtails said:

They are all originals from phanteks that are already plugged in so I would assume so.

Check if they are 3 pin or 4 pin.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

Uhh all three pins, and the hub is 4 pin. What does that mean?

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Check if they are 3 pin or 4 pin.

Sorry kinda a new on the forum, do you receive the message faster if I quote? All fans are 3 pin btw.

Sorry kinda a new on the forum, do you receive the message faster if I quote? All fans are 3 pin btw.

I get notified if you quote. And 3 pin fans have no PWM control. You cant control them via software at all. If u want to slow them down you buy voltage adapters with force it to run on a lower voltage thus slower but that is perment.

Build

Spoiler

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

I get notified if you quote. And 3 pin fans have no PWM control. You cant control them via software at all. If u want to slow them down you buy voltage adapters with force it to run on a lower voltage thus slower but that is perment.

So I just didn't do enough research and got stuck with that stupid hub, well that's annoying...

So I just didn't do enough research and got stuck with that stupid hub, well that's annoying...

Well all you need is new fans which have 4 pin pwn control. 

Build

Spoiler

Well the hub is useless since it only accepts 3 pins :(

Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

Well all you need is new fans which have 4 pin pwn control. 

6 hours ago, unleashedtails said:

Well the hub is useless since it only accepts 3 pins :(

Thanks for the help!

You can still control them. But 3pins aren't as smooth as PWMs would be. First you need to tell mobo that you are using 3pins. Then you can go between 30% and 100%. Maybe 0rpm too, but it will have quite a bump since min spinning speed is 30% of rpm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can still control them. But 3pins aren't as smooth as PWMs would be. First you need to tell mobo that you are using 3pins. Then you can go between 30% and 100%. Maybe 0rpm too, but it will have quite a bump since min spinning speed is 30% of rpm.

I messed around a bit before and I think they are at 30% now since it is quieter. I am still planning to get new fans, if I get 4 pin fans and use a 4 pin to 4 pin fan hub, would the motherboard view the entire fan hub as a 4 pin fan?

47 minutes ago, unleashedtails said:

I messed around a bit before and I think they are at 30% now since it is quieter. I am still planning to get new fans, if I get 4 pin fans and use a 4 pin to 4 pin fan hub, would the motherboard view the entire fan hub as a 4 pin fan?

Yes. Hub only provides info from single fan, usually marked header. While not required, its better if you get same fan for all hubs headers you are planning to use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv