Frozen Roots: A Node 304 Build

Well alrighty guys I will be posting my build log. This is it ! Right here right now :D. Well on with the build I do not have a name for it yet but I would like you to help me out with that please. Also the purpose of this build will mainly be gaming but I would like to explore the realm of photo shop and video editing. I plan to order the parts next weekend as to take part in the tiny bit of sales I get here in Canada for Black Friday.

The part list

Intel Core i5-4670K
Corsair H75
MSI Z87I Mini
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM
MSI N780-3GD5 (Stock cooler)
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower
SeaSonic SSR-550RM
Microsoft Windows 8.1
Swiftech HELIX 120BW PWM

Alrighty so the color theme of this build will be more of black, white, and silver. This is where the stock cooler comes in play for the gpu pulling this look together, I was always thinking that I was going to go with the acx cooler but I remembered the stock cooler was a thing. If you guys have any thoughts I what a could change let me know. Oh one more thing I am kinda sad that this case will not be having a window and the case labs stuff is expensive and I am only air cooling soo I may change cases if corsair ever comes out with a itx case and I like it because of the thread George posted so hopefully a case from them will hit the market that will allow me to use the case color scheme.

Thanks, Golden

Frozen Roots.

You know cause Golden Tree soooo

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Frozen Roots.

You know cause Golden Tree soooo

Oh my that's an amazing name :D I think we have a winner, but I will wait a bit longer to to make it the name to see if we have other ideas. 

Thanks, Golden

So it turns out this has a name now Frozen Roots is a keeper no more waiting :D

Thanks, Golden 

NEW UPDATE 

Alrighty guys plans a changing I will be ordering all the parts.... wait for it .... MONDAY SOOO I am going to pray to the shipping gods and hope I get the parts in the week :D .

Thanks, Golden

NEW UPDATE 

Alrighty guys plans a changing I will be ordering all the parts.... wait for it .... MONDAY SOOO I am going to pray to the shipping gods and hope I get the parts in the week :D .

Thanks, Golden

With Black Friday happening in 6 days, why not just wait for some better sales? It's only another 4 days. (What am I saying? Buy the parts Monday, it means less competition for Black Friday deals in Canada for me.) 

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

With Black Friday happening in 6 days, why not just wait for some better sales? It's only another 4 days. (What am I saying? Buy the parts Monday, it means less competition for Black Friday deals in Canada for me.) 

I can not my sister is going to the "Murica" for Black Friday and she can not order for me :/ sooo since i'm 14 we made a deal that I give her the cash and she orders the parts with her card for me.

Thanks, Golden

I can not my sister is going to the "Murica" for Black Friday and she can not order for me :/ sooo since i'm 14 we made a deal that I give her the cash and she orders the parts with her card for me.

Thanks, Golden

Ok, that makes sense then. You're one lucky 14 year old to be getting a rig that powerful. I cant wait to see some pictures since I'm planning a similar build, only with a 4770k and 760 instead.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

Ok, that makes sense then. You're one lucky 14 year old to be getting a rig that powerful. I cant wait to see some pictures since I'm planning a similar build, only with a 4770k and 760 instead.

Ahh well I guess. I had to save up for 2 years with no help at all, I also had to work with my dad during the summer. Compared to my friends I am the unluckiest because I have to do things for my self LOL. Also if you don't mind sharing what do you plan to use your build for ?

Edit: I just noticed your avatar name is my middle name lol

Thanks, Golden

Ahh well I guess. I had to save up for 2 years with no help at all, I also had to work with my dad during the summer. Compared to my friends I am the unluckiest because I have to do things for my self LOL. Also if you don't mind sharing what do you plan to use your build for ?

Edit: I just noticed your avatar name is my middle name lol

Thanks, Golden

I wouldn't call having to do thing for yourself unlucky, after all it does teach some life lessons like how to save money. Heck, the only reason why I have my current rig, and why I can upgrade Is because of working for Ontario Parks for the last couple of summers. As for what I'm planning on using my build for, its mainly going to be used for a bit of gaming, and then CAD when I head to University in September. I'm hoping I wont have to upgrade it for a while when I'm there but considering that I'm constantly on the lookout for new parts, if only for the enjoyment of building a computer itself, that will likely be a pipe dream.

I wouldn't call having to do thing for yourself unlucky, after all it does teach some life lessons like how to save money. Heck, the only reason why I have my current rig, and why I can upgrade Is because of working for Ontario Parks for the last couple of summers. As for what I'm planning on using my build for, its mainly going to be used for a bit of gaming, and then CAD when I head to University in September. I'm hoping I wont have to upgrade it for a while when I'm there but considering that I'm constantly on the lookout for new parts, if only for the enjoyment of building a computer itself, that will likely be a pipe dream.

Yeah that's true I did learn a lot and I had to refrain my self from buying useless things that will make me happy for a short amount of time. The sad part for me is that I missed out on a bunch of amazing steam sales too. Ahh I see you had to work and save for your build too. When I was saving up I really learned nothing comes free. I knew that from before but now I experienced it. Also by "CAD" what do you mean ? And I know what you mean because for me the pc may be built but the the setup is a far ways from being done :P

Thanks, Golden

Yeah that's true I did learn a lot and I had to refrain my self from buying useless things that will make me happy for a short amount of time. The sad part for me is that I missed out on a bunch of amazing steam sales too. Ahh I see you had to work and save for your build too. When I was saving up I really learned nothing comes free. I knew that from before but now I experienced it. Also by "CAD" what do you mean ? And I know what you mean because for me the pc may be built but the the setup is a far ways from being done :P

Thanks, Golden

CAD stands for Computer Aided Design. When I referred to CAD I was talking about programs such as Solidworks or AutoCAD which are products that people use to design almost anything from engine parts to staplers. Since I'm going to university for mechanical engineering, I'll likely be using these.

CAD stands for Computer Aided Design. When I referred to CAD I was talking about programs such as Solidworks or AutoCAD which are products that people use to design almost anything from engine parts to staplers. Since I'm going to university for mechanical engineering, I'll likely be using these.

Ohhhh I see that's why the i7 I was wondering what kind of work you were doing. That's cool, i'm not sure what i'm going to get into yet

Thanks, Golden

Update: A crummy one

Pc will be at a halt till further notice.

Thanks, Golden