Ryzen bootup problem

I have a problem with my newly built ryzen PC.

Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

MOBO: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC

RAM: Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) Hyper X Fury, DDR4 2400MHz, CL15, 1.2 

PSU: EVGA 600W 600 BQ

GPU: Asus RX 480  4GB

When I first put together the PC it worked fine, and I installed windows. Later that night when I rebooted my system it wouldn't boot. My motherboard EzDebug light said it was DRAM issue. I took off one stick and it worked fine. I ran memtest for each stick for a few hours and found no errors. I installed both sticks and it worked. Then it went on and off for a couple days whether it would boot with two sticks or not. Sometimes it boots with 2 sticks, sometimes debug led shows DRAM error, Sometimes it's the CPU. I already updated bios, installed new chipset drivers and tried changing ram speeds in bios but the problem still stays. I really don't know if it's faulty motherboard, cpu, ram, or perhaps some compatibility issue.... Has anyone had a similar problem or know how I should troubleshoot further?

1 minute ago, andsu said:

I have a problem with my newly built ryzen PC.

Here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

MOBO: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC

RAM: Kingston 16GB (2x8GB) Hyper X Fury, DDR4 2400MHz, CL15, 1.2 

PSU: EVGA 600W 600 BQ

GPU: Asus RX 480  4GB

When I first put together the PC it worked fine, and I installed windows. Later that night when I rebooted my system it wouldn't boot. My motherboard EzDebug light said it was DRAM issue. I took off one stick and it worked fine. I ran memtest for each stick for a few hours and found no errors. I installed both sticks and it worked. Then it went on and off for a couple days whether it would boot with two sticks or not. Sometimes it boots with 2 sticks, sometimes debug led shows DRAM error, Sometimes it's the CPU. I already updated bios, installed new chipset drivers and tried changing ram speeds in bios but the problem still stays. I really don't know if it's faulty motherboard, cpu, ram, or perhaps some compatibility issue.... Has anyone had a similar problem or know how I should troubleshoot further?

Honestly, I think it's defective RAM. Try clearing your CMOS, see if that helps.

reseat the CPU - fixed ram issues for me and others on the forums 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Some Ram Sets are Known To have Some Trouble with Ryzen Like some Like to Be Meh and Some Work Fine But see what others Say But it Could be Defective Ram

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Honestly, I think it's defective RAM. Try clearing your CMOS, see if that helps.

Cleared cmos, tweaked the timings, ran memtest with both sticks. It doesnt work when they are in the same time

Just now, andsu said:

Cleared cmos, tweaked the timings, ran memtest with both sticks. It doesnt work when they are in the same time

Weird.. Try reseating the CPU as @stealth80 said earlier on.

Try BIOS update?

They improved ram compatibility greatly like that

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Will investigate. On the kingston website it says that this ram is compatible though.

Best thing to do in terms of ram Atm with Ryzen is to Get Ram Where it Clearly Says Compatible with ryzen as it has been Tested And then you Know its Going to Work you but other People may have better Ideas I Just Know this to Be a Problem with people Ik IRL Who have had a Similar Problem

PC's I Have Built And Currently Still in House:

Main PC (My One):

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5.00Ghz

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270-E Gaming ATX

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb (4 x 8) 3200mhz

Storage: 2TB Segate Barracuda HDD, 960gb HyperX Savage (Games), 240gb Samsung 850 Evo (OS)

Case: Corsair 750D

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1000w PSU

Graphics Card: 2x Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080TI (SLI) 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Cooling: Custom Water Cooling

Just now, ScratchCat said:

Try BIOS update?

They improved ram compatibility greatly like that

already did. no effect

6 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

3 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Weird.. Try reseating the CPU as @stealth80 said earlier on.

Will try when I get some thermal paste.

11 minutes ago, Xx_MadJack_xX said:

Best thing to do in terms of ram Atm with Ryzen is to Get Ram Where it Clearly Says Compatible with ryzen as it has been Tested And then you Know its Going to Work you but other People may have better Ideas I Just Know this to Be a Problem with people Ik IRL Who have had a Similar Problem

pretty much all ram works now, you just need a bios based on Ages 1006 - check the thread in my signature

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

AH! First time poster. I've been searching for several hours a day for someone else with this situation! (And testing everything in the meantime) It's always "no post" while they are building vs "Works perfect for 4-5 days, shut down and no post since". Hopefully the CPU reseating will fix this issue (will edit with results) - but I'd guess it is my RAM

RIG:

R5 1600x w/ Cryorig H7

Asrock AB350 Gaming K4

Corsair 750w PSU

GTX 960

*suspected culprit* TeamGroup DDR4 3000mhz 4gb x2 (Was amazing price and aesthetic absolutely looked made for the mobo)

So I had already ordered it prior to "Samsung B Die for life" became a way of life. So I gave these Hynix but also Skylake specifically compatible a chance, with my hand already on my debit card. After first bios flash, both sticks registered and for the next 4-5 days literally 0 problems. The last day was when Bios 1.06 or w/e the latest bios version was (this is my first solo build and this part is new to me) it went through successfully. I had the whole day ahead of me to really start digging into things, and everything went swimmingly. Shut down at the end of the night and it has not posted since. I get no beeps. Interestingly when checking the RAM slots I was met with a resounding no for a few moments on both sticks in A1 and B1. (no led and 3 long beeps - shut down - restart itself, repeat until power is removed.) After a few moments they were accepted again in all four slots as usual. All things seem to be getting power, just about everything has been triple rechecked at this point. I was planning to breadboard it tomorrow as a last ditch effort (as the board has no led to show power and having that ram was a shining beacon to know if I had gone astray. all the other led ram was double price wise or out of stock constantly at the time) I will update with the results of cpu reseating and if that fails - bread boarding everything before ditching the ram. Thank you @stealth for the suggestion, its the only thing I haven't disconnected at this point but assumed a waste of paste. Hope it works for us, would love to hear the results for you andsu as well. If it does that's a pretty good precedent that the ram isn't necessarily the boogieman its painted as 99% of the time and surely save a lot of people some heartache and cash on both ends. Cheers.

On 14.6.2017 at 10:21 AM, fahlen said:

AH! First time poster. I've been searching for several hours a day for someone else with this situation! (And testing everything in the meantime) It's always "no post" while they are building vs "Works perfect for 4-5 days, shut down and no post since". Hopefully the CPU reseating will fix this issue (will edit with results) - but I'd guess it is my RAM

RIG:

R5 1600x w/ Cryorig H7

Asrock AB350 Gaming K4

Corsair 750w PSU

GTX 960

*suspected culprit* TeamGroup DDR4 3000mhz 4gb x2 (Was amazing price and aesthetic absolutely looked made for the mobo)

So I had already ordered it prior to "Samsung B Die for life" became a way of life. So I gave these Hynix but also Skylake specifically compatible a chance, with my hand already on my debit card. After first bios flash, both sticks registered and for the next 4-5 days literally 0 problems. The last day was when Bios 1.06 or w/e the latest bios version was (this is my first solo build and this part is new to me) it went through successfully. I had the whole day ahead of me to really start digging into things, and everything went swimmingly. Shut down at the end of the night and it has not posted since. I get no beeps. Interestingly when checking the RAM slots I was met with a resounding no for a few moments on both sticks in A1 and B1. (no led and 3 long beeps - shut down - restart itself, repeat until power is removed.) After a few moments they were accepted again in all four slots as usual. All things seem to be getting power, just about everything has been triple rechecked at this point. I was planning to breadboard it tomorrow as a last ditch effort (as the board has no led to show power and having that ram was a shining beacon to know if I had gone astray. all the other led ram was double price wise or out of stock constantly at the time) I will update with the results of cpu reseating and if that fails - bread boarding everything before ditching the ram. Thank you @stealth for the suggestion, its the only thing I haven't disconnected at this point but assumed a waste of paste. Hope it works for us, would love to hear the results for you andsu as well. If it does that's a pretty good precedent that the ram isn't necessarily the boogieman its painted as 99% of the time and surely save a lot of people some heartache and cash on both ends. Cheers.

Will try reseating the processor next week when i get some paste. I updated my BIOS to the latest beta found on msi servers but still having the same issues. Will also try to go through different memory settings in BIOS.

Now when i try to boot with 2 sticks the debug led says that the boot device fails. What the fuck

Tried reseatting. Still nothing. Going to go ahead and order RAM today I guess. Will breadboard it in the meantime, but I may as well pick up a 16GB kit that will be able to use it's speed than better looking but under-performing ram. The processor was warm after a few minutes of running, so I'm assuming my processor isn't dead. USB ports work so I assume the motherboard isn't the problem. How does one update (or revert) the bios w/o being able to see what they're doing? Perhaps the latest BIOS I updated (as it did not post after shutting down later that day) interfered with kit that was working just fine prior.

On 16.6.2017 at 1:11 PM, fahlen said:

Tried reseatting. Still nothing. Going to go ahead and order RAM today I guess. Will breadboard it in the meantime, but I may as well pick up a 16GB kit that will be able to use it's speed than better looking but under-performing ram. The processor was warm after a few minutes of running, so I'm assuming my processor isn't dead. USB ports work so I assume the motherboard isn't the problem. How does one update (or revert) the bios w/o being able to see what they're doing? Perhaps the latest BIOS I updated (as it did not post after shutting down later that day) interfered with kit that was working just fine prior.

I reseated the cpu. Mainly because it was running pretty hot. I put every setting in bios on automatic. Now I still get the debug leds on when i boot but it just cycles them and then boots allright. I think i'm good for now atleast.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem!

Ryzen 5 1600

B350M Mortar motherboard (regular, not artic)

2x Fury memories 8GB model Hx424c15fb / 8, 2400mhz (I bought them separate from different stores)

Galax Gtx 1060

If I connect only one memory of them in the DIMM_2 connector I have no problem. But if I try to do DUAL CHANNEL using Slot DIMM_2 and DIMM_4 as recommended the manual, starts problemns on boot.

The first time boot with the memories pluged, BIOS shows a message that it has detected that there have been changes in the memories, I press F2 and the windows loads normally. If I reboot the computer everything works normally. But if I unplug the computer from the power connector, the next time the computer restarts the BIOS does not load and it keeps turning it on and off until I switch the connector memories or if I use only one memory . I tried dual channel using DIMM_1 and DIMM_3 and I had the same problem.

I tried two other memory that had HX421C14FB / 4 2133mhz and they worked perfectly on the dual channel in slot DIMM_2 and DIMM_4. It has become clear to me that it is a compatibility issue at this speed, even though the memory is listed on the MSI website as compatible.

@andsu Can you get if your memory model is the same as mine?

In CPU-z shows some differences between memories, "Ranks" in a dual show and another single is what's bothering me, is that a problem?

( Sorry for bad English.

Memória que comprei no slot 2.PNG

Memória que comprei primeiro no slot 2.PNG