crashes due to overheating

Hello all, on my computer ive got some pretty high temps coming off the cpu ( amd fx 9590) and (temp 1) on the motherboard which is the heat sink to the left of the cpu. I have 3 120mm intake fans in the front of my nzxt h440 case and one rear exhaust fan on the back of the case and the h100i is connected onto the cpu which has the 240mm radiator on the top with two 120 mm fans that pull air from the case through the rad into the top cover/ exhaust area of the case.

when it cases everything just stops I'm guessing when the temps on the motherboard (temp 1) exceeds an amount it just stops everything.

I have found that when I run the fans that are connected to the radiator at 100% while gaming then the chance of it crashing is reduced however the fans are reducusly loud when ran like that and its just not natural to me anyways that it would have to run like that.

even while idling the fans can kick up currently just writing this and my cpu is at 29 degrees c which is great but the temp1 is at 50  and the fans are having to do quite abit of work to keep it like that.

hope you can help

Kind regards

Liam Bond

3 minutes ago, liamBond said:

Hello all, on my computer ive got some pretty high temps coming off the cpu ( amd fx 9590) and (temp 1) on the motherboard which is the heat sink to the left of the cpu. I have 3 120mm intake fans in the front of my nzxt h440 case and one rear exhaust fan on the back of the case and the h100i is connected onto the cpu which has the 240mm radiator on the top with two 120 mm fans that pull air from the case through the rad into the top cover/ exhaust area of the case.

when it cases everything just stops I'm guessing when the temps on the motherboard (temp 1) exceeds an amount it just stops everything.

I have found that when I run the fans that are connected to the radiator at 100% while gaming then the chance of it crashing is reduced however the fans are reducusly loud when ran like that and its just not natural to me anyways that it would have to run like that.

even while idling the fans can kick up currently just writing this and my cpu is at 29 degrees c which is great but the temp1 is at 50  and the fans are having to do quite abit of work to keep it like that.

hope you can help

Kind regards

Liam Bond

change the thermal paste sounds like its had it

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Clean your PC, thermal paste and use a new one.

install HWinfo64 and check temps again,

AMD usually reports 20c less with certain apps

with HWinfo64 go to sensors > "your motherboard" > CPU > thats the correct temp

Photography / Finance / Gaming

just looking at it now these are the results from it being idle/ running that program 

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

the results don't differ really from the other software that's monitoring the temps

Edited by liamBond