windows 10 suddenly deactivated

a7mddiaa

I just bought a new pc and windows say it is not activated and I have activation linked to my account (I am using same hdd)

but there was some booting problems before it when I managed to boot windows I get this "We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key.Go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803F7001" Idk if this is exactly it I copied it from internet now windows

i am using the same hard drive on my old pc,i cant activate it again I don't have key it was linked to my account

do you think removing all my devices from the account will fix it?

What kind of license do you have? Do you have an OEM license and did you change your motherboard?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

What kind of license do you have? Do you have an OEM license and did you change your motherboard?

I change mobo and cpu and ram

my license is linked to my account

1 minute ago, a7mddiaa said:

I change mobo and cpu and ram

my license is linked to my account

But what kind of license do you have? Retail or OEM??

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I don't understand I got it when I upgraded to windows 10 free update

before that I had cracked windows 7

i use show key plus it says oem key not in present firmware

28 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

I don't understand I got it when I upgraded to windows 10 free update

before that I had cracked windows 7

Then you do not have a valid license. Go buy one or phone ms customer service and explain why you think they should not have deactivated your pirated windows

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, a7mddiaa said:

but I used pirated one to get it,any way does in activated windows 10 have any difference in anything

You said you cracked windows 7 and you have no license. No one on this forum can help you. You need to buy a real license if you want to continue to use this proprietary software

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I said I cracked it but I didn't crack windows 10 so it is not pirated

And the free win10 upgrade is treated like OEM in most cases so you cannot change motherboard without buying new license anyway

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, a7mddiaa said:

I said I cracked it but I didn't crack windows 10 so it is not pirated

I don't know how to explain this without taking the piss. Where is your license? You have none. You cracked windows 7 and did the upgrade. You still have no license. Then ms anti-piracy kicked in when you changed motherboard. You need to call customer service and explain this to them or buy a valid license

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just coming with a reminder that discussion of pirated content is only allowed in the broadest of manners and this thread stepped over the line.

Also don't post those kinds of memes.

Thank you for your attention.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, a7mddiaa said:

I just bought a new pc and windows say it is not activated and I have activation linked to my account (I am using same hdd)

but there was some booting problems before it when I managed to boot windows I get this "We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key.Go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803F7001" Idk if this is exactly it I copied it from internet now windows

You should contact Microsoft Support. They can help you migrate your key to the new computer, and word is they'll even do it for OEM keys.

And there's a software that can retrieve your windows key from your installation, but I can't quite remember what it was called.

Also take this as a reminder that you should always keep your Windows key safe in a physical way (just write it out on a sticker and paste it inside the computer, that's what I did after losing the genuine windows sticker).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

53 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You should contact Microsoft Support. They can help you migrate your key to the new computer, and word is they'll even do it for OEM keys.

The old adage of being polite to support will help you out greatly here.

FYI the free Windows 10 Update does not give you a Win10 key. The free update is "free" for life of the original hardware the free update was activated on. It is non transferable and is treated as-an OEM license.

Even if you used a valid Win 7/8 key to activate Win10 it does not convert it to a Win10 key it remains a Win7/8 key. The key you used was to check you are upgrading from a genuine activated copy of Win7/8 to get your free upgrade after that you no longer need to enter a key to activate Win10 when ever you need to reinstall (provided you are on the same hardware) as it will be activated under digital entitlement licence.

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

And there's a software that can retrieve your windows key from your installation, but I can't quite remember what it was called.

Also take this as a reminder that you should always keep your Windows key safe in a physical way (just write it out on a sticker and paste it inside the computer, that's what I did after losing the genuine windows sticker).

@C2dan88 answer seems right so I will keep using the in activated it is not that bad until I have some money to buy activation key