How to delete files on a Read Only fie system with Ubuntu 17.04

So, I had to remove UXStyle off of my computer,since it didn't go past the login screen after an update. After some quick searches, i determined this was because my themes and UXStyle was keeping me from logging in. Once getting onto Ubuntu to delete the files, the hard drive was read only. Can anybody help me with this?

i like trains 🙂

Read Only

You can't... Usually...

Although from what I'm getting at, you're trying to access your Windows file system?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

You can't... Usually...

Although from what I'm getting at, you're trying to access your Windows file system?

yep

i like trains 🙂

7 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

yep

I don't think you can make the Windows Partition R/W from Ubuntu. So you're probably going to have to either use a restore point or reinstall Windows.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I don't think you can make the Windows Partition R/W from Ubuntu. So you're probably going to have to either use a restore point or reinstall Windows.

do you think i could go onto another windows computer and then do it that way?

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

do you think i could go onto another windows computer and then do it that way?

Probably.

✨PC Specs✨

Probably.

ok. when i go over to my friend's house some time tomorrow, then i will see

i like trains 🙂

14 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Probably.

actually, it looks like i can remount it with sudo but when mounted again, in a read and write fashion. eh. i need to use google more often.

i like trains 🙂

unless something is very wrong it should be trivial to mount as read write from Ubuntu, at which point you'll have more access and control than you ever would even from Windows, since it will ignore all permissions and restrictions on "system files".

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Linux NTFS tools let you reset flags that cause it to be locked

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

• 3 weeks later...

find the directory of the file you want to delete and run

sudo rm /insert directory here/file.whatever

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS AS IT DOSE NOT WARN YOU BEFORE DELETING THE DIRECTORY YOU PUT IN 

On 2017-6-24 at 11:42 PM, Linux_User_Greg said:

find the directory of the file you want to delete and run

sudo rm /insert directory here/file.whatever

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS AS IT DOSE NOT WARN YOU BEFORE DELETING THE DIRECTORY YOU PUT IN 

just use -i if you want it to warn you before deleting files.