Clean my PC

Vasich18

Hi, so I bought my PC about 5-6 months ago, I'm planning on cleaning it myself, but I would like to know the list of equipment I would need to do it, where to clean it, and is it necessary to take out all the hardware like the GPU, RAM, and HDD.

Thanks in advanced.

Yup, take heatsink off cpu, take gpu out, leave ram in, maybe put cover on socket on mobo whilst dusting, you need compressed air and perciverance :)

No need to triple post. An air duster would be ideal, but I personally have never had issues with static from a vacuum cleaner (Still a potential problem, just low risk). You can take them out if you wish, depends how deep you want to clean it (Whether its just a quick clean or full deep clean). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

17 minutes ago, Vasich18 said:

Hi, so I bought my PC about 5-6 months ago, I'm planning on cleaning it myself, but I would like to know the list of equipment I would need to do it, where to clean it, and is it necessary to take out all the hardware like the GPU, RAM, and HDD.

Thanks in advanced.

To take the hardware out, first of all you need to be cautious since the components you've said before are connected to some electricity source.

First of all disconnect the PC from the electricity source.(Take the cable that goes straight to your PSU from the power socket). Then simply go and remove the components easily(each one has a slot in which is placed) Then with some compressed air just blow the dust out of it or use some little paint brush if necessary to remove the rest of the dust that was not removed by the compressed air. Keep in mind that if you take the CPU cooler off the CPU to clean it, you'll have to apply new thermal paste to it. Same thing goes for the GPU if you remove the cooler(by cooler I meant mainly the heatsink; it goes for both CPU and GPU). If you do it carefully then there's no way you can destroy something.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card <<