Your recommended backup utility?

Can somebody recommend me a system image backup utility that also happens to be free and does the job without any fuss?

I have been using windows backup feature but I found out it was causing my system to crash every time it backs up (Could be the drive but I ain't too worried as it's the backup drive I don't mind dying) so it was basically causing scheduled system crashes ^_^, so I am looking for alternatives rather than debugging it as I heard from time to time of there being better backup utilities out there.

I was looking at AOMEI's backup utility but I wanna see my options from what you guys use hence didn't google :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

If you want, you can setup another computer that has some storage to burn. Use that computer with some software called Urbackup. That way, if you have more than one computer you need to backup, they all can point to that server. 

https://www.urbackup.org/

I use it for my computers at home. It takes file backups as well as a system image of the disks you choose. However, I will not sugar coat it, it can be slow as balls. It is an open sourced project, so some bugs are bound to happen.

6 hours ago, inthebrilliantblue said:

If you want, you can setup another computer that has some storage to burn. Use that computer with some software called Urbackup. That way, if you have more than one computer you need to backup, they all can point to that server. 

https://www.urbackup.org/

I use it for my computers at home. It takes file backups as well as a system image of the disks you choose. However, I will not sugar coat it, it can be slow as balls. It is an open sourced project, so some bugs are bound to happen.

I do have a core 2 duo system just lying around but this will require me to have that system running and set up. It is a better implementation and I could even turn it into a NAS as well at that point but there is just one user frankly xD

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

17 hours ago, Sharif said:

I do have a core 2 duo system just lying around but this will require me to have that system running and set up. It is a better implementation and I could even turn it into a NAS as well at that point but there is just one user frankly xD

I get ya, I basically set one up and it slowly turned into my media server / NAS / backup server monster I have now. Im actually in the process of moving urbackup off of it to another server for pure backups and archiving. It works fairly well when you want to do a system image restore from the boot image as well. I thought it would be slow restoring an image over the network, but a 1TB image took barely 40 minutes to restore. Been very happy with it, even with the bugs. Other than that, The only other tool I use is called Redo Backup. It is a linux (unix maybe? dont remember) boot disc/usb image that you can boot off of and do a system image backup or restore. It can also do it over the network if the network device is supported.