First pc build

Eiimer

Hello, im going to build my first pc this month and i would like some opinions, if its good for 1080p gaming (aaa games)/streaming

Its gonna be a ryzen build and i already have the cpu, mobo and case, here are the parts i want to get, also my budget is between 750-800 US dollars.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1500x (I picked it on offer in the place i live)

Mobo: Asus prime b350m-a

Case: Aerocool xpredator x1

Graphics: Rx 580 (8gb) or gtx 1060 (6gb)

Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 2x4gb 2400mhz or any other

Psu: Unknown (I highly preffer a good quality one)

Storage: WD Blue 1tb hdd (maybe replace it for an ssd)

Well i dont know if im missing something but thanks in advance.

1. I would go for a set up with an HDD and SSD, it's so much better

2. The 1600 has a better spec and is marginally more expensive

3. There are so many other mobos for Ryzen that are much cheaper

4. In advance, please use pcpartpicker.com when making a PC list. Just makes everything so much easier for you and me :)

-CM

Where do you live?

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Solid but get the 1600 and OC instead. 

I picked the 1500x because it was like 10 dollars more than the 1400 

and i kinda dont want to OC because im still new to this.

4 minutes ago, ChackoM said:

4. In advance, please use pcpartpicker.com when making a PC list. Just makes everything so much easier for you and me :)

-CM

1- I only have money for either a SSD or HDD

2- 1500x was a really good offer

3-In Mexico the only cheaper is the Asrock and i kinda went for the asus because i think is better build quality and stuff like that

4- I used it but i want to see opinions from real ppl

thanks.

5 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Where do you live?

Mexico

6 minutes ago, ChackoM said:

-CM

This. Boot from the SSD, you won't believe how much faster it is. Also, get a Corsair modular-series power supply, something around 500W should be more than enough.

3 minutes ago, Eiimer said:

I picked the 1500x because it was like 10 dollars more than the 1400 

and i kinda dont want to OC because im still new to this.

OCing is easy just trust me, nailed it first time... like 3 weeks ago

Just now, Eiimer said:

1- I only have money for either a SSD or HDD

2- 1500x was a really good offer

3-In Mexico the only cheaper is the Asrock and i kinda went for the asus because i think is better build quality and stuff like that

4- I used it but i want to see opinions from real ppl

thanks.

Ah alright I understand. You can get a HDD now and maybe if you save some money up get a 120gb SSD maybe. Best of luck to you!

go the RX 580 its proven to be faster for only just a little bit more and IMO has and better OC capability

3 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

This. Boot from the SSD, you won't believe how much faster it is. Also, get a Corsair modular-series power supply, something around 500W should be more than enough.

Can you recommend me a good corsair psu? I saw some reviews of the VS series and they say they are really bad, also could i buy and evga 450 or 500w? 

3 minutes ago, That Mason Guy said:

go the RX 580 its proven to be faster for only just a little bit more and IMO has and better OC capability

Yes i think the RX 580 is the way to go, thanks.

1 minute ago, Eiimer said:

Yes i think the RX 580 is the way to go, thanks.

No problems my dude

1 minute ago, Eiimer said:

Can you recommend me a good corsair psu? I saw some reviews of the VS series and they say they are really bad, also could i buy and evga 450 or 500w? 

If I were you, I'd go with the Corsair SF450 450W. Should be more than enough power, and it's modular. You'll want to go with Corsair's modular supplies over eVGA's regular ones, it will make your cable management SO much easier.

7 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

If I were you, I'd go with the Corsair SF450 450W. Should be more than enough power, and it's modular. You'll want to go with Corsair's modular supplies over eVGA's regular ones, it will make your cable management SO much easier.

the SF is meant for small form factor cases. and the SF450 doesn't have an adaptor, so that'll add more costs along with the "SFX tax" you get with it. a CX, TX or RMx would have been a cheaper and better choice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

I checked some stores and they dont have the SF psu, is there any other you would reccomend?

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

the SF is meant for small form factor cases. and the SF450 doesn't have an adaptor, so that'll add more costs along with the "SFX tax" you get with it. a CX, TX or RMx would have been a cheaper and better choice.

Should i go with the cx or a evga?

10 minutes ago, Eiimer said:

I checked some stores and they dont have the SF psu, is there any other you would reccomend?

corsair CX(grey labels), EVGA B3 and seasonic S/m12ii(albeit old) is a good budget choice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

16 minutes ago, LeinadTM said:

Corsair SF is good, but impractical. It is of SFX form factor, whereas the case requires a standard PS/2 form factored PSU. You cannot mount that PSU in the case they are getting without a $10 adaptor plate.

What PSU should they get? Corsair CX450 and CX450M are both good budget units, without looking, I'd assume they are very reasonably priced and I know @Energycore has the CX450M and they are from Mexico.

4 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Corsair SF is good, but impractical. It is of SFX form factor, whereas the case requires a standard PS/2 form factored PSU. You cannot mount that PSU in the case they are getting without a $10 adaptor plate.

What PSU should they get? Corsair CX450 and CX450M are both good budget units, without looking, I'd assume they are very reasonably priced and I know @Energycore has the CX450M and they are from Mexico.

So you would totally go for the CX instead of the evga?

7 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

corsair CX, EVGA B3 and seasonic S/m12ii(albeit old) is a good budget choice.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

you mean ATX PSU lol

Corsair CX450M (GRAY not GREEN) is a good option, so is the Seasonic S12ii or M12ii.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

3 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

you mean ATX PSU lol

Corsair CX450M (GRAY not GREEN) is a good option, so is the Seasonic S12ii or M12ii.

Whats the difference between gray and green?

13 minutes ago, Eiimer said:

Whats the difference between gray and green?

Gray is newer and much higher quality, the green units had issues

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: